be up to one’s neck 忙得不可开交
1. I'm almost up to my neck in work.
我工作忙得快喘不过气来了。(工作多到脖子上了)
a long day 非常忙的一天,度日如年
2. It's been a long day.
今天忙了一天。
a million things/a lot on the plate 很多很多事情
3. I've got a million things to do./ I've got so much to do.
我活多到根本干不完。
4. I have a lot on my plate.
我忙到处理不过来了。
be tied up 被占用,很忙
5.I'm tied up at the moment.
我这会儿正忙呢。
time to catch one's breath 喘口气的功夫
6. I don't even have time to catch my breath.
我连喘口气的工夫都没有。
a lot of sth piled up 一堆东西等着处理
7. There's a lot of work piled up on my desk.
瞧我桌上堆了一堆的事儿要做。
can't leave sth 忙得不可开交, 没法分身
8. I can't leave this job at the moment.
我现在离不开。
be rushed off one's feet 双脚就没停过,忙透了。
9. I am exhausted. I’ve been rushed off my feet all day at the shop.
我感到筋疲力尽。我在店里的一整天都是忙的脚打后脑勺。
appreciate any help sb. could get 忙得不行,真希望谁能帮上忙
10. I'm so busy, I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
我都忙得四脚朝天了,谁能帮帮忙,感激不尽。
have/get one’s hands full 很忙,应接不暇
11.I've got my hands full.
我忙着哩!(两只手都没闲着)
too busy to bother with 很忙,应接不暇
12.I'm too busy to bother with such details.
我没空理会这些细节问题。
in the middle of something 正忙于某事
13.I'm in the middle of something. Could you call back later?
我现在很忙,你能过会给我打电话吗?
busy as a beaver 忙得团团转
14.He is working so hard that he is as busy as a beaver.
他没日没夜地工作,看起来很忙。
be as busy as a bee 忙忙碌碌,忙死忙活的
15.He was as busy as a bee trying to put the house in order.
他为了要把家里弄得整整齐齐,忙了好一阵子。