What is more beautiful, my love?
哪个更美丽,我亲爱的?
Love lost or love found?
失去爱或找到爱?
Don't laugh at me, my love.
请别笑我,亲爱的。
I know it, I'm awkward and naive,
我知道的,当涉及爱时,我笨拙而稚嫩,
when it comes to love, and I ask questions straight out of a pop song.
而我的提问直接来自流行歌曲。
This doubt overwhelms me and undermines me, my love.
这疑惑淹没了我,消解了我,亲爱的。
To find or to lose?
找寻亦或遗失?
All around me, people don't stop yearning.
我身旁,人们从未停止渴求。
Did they lose or did they find? I can't say.
他们遗失了?还是找到了?我说不上来。
An orphan has no way of knowing.
一个孤儿无从知晓。
An orphan lacks a first love.
孤儿缺少最初的爱。
The love for his mama and papa.
妈妈和爸爸的爱。
That's the source of his
这是根源,
awkwardness, his naiveté.
他的笨拙,他的稚嫩。
You said to me, on that deserted beach in California,"you can touch my legs."
你对我说,在那加州僻静的海滩,“你可以触碰我的腿。”
But I didn't do it.
但我没有。
There, my love, is love lost.
这,我亲爱的,即是爱的消逝。
That's why I've never stopped
wondering, since that day:
这是为什么自那天起,我从未停止思索:
where have you been? And where you are now?
你去了哪儿?你又在哪里?
And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, did you lose or did you find?
而你,我晦涩青春里闪耀的一点微光,你是失去了亦或找到了?
I don't know. And I will never know.
我不知道。而我也永不会知道。
I can't even remember your name,
my love.
我甚至记不住你的名字了,我亲爱的。
And I don't have the answer.
而我终没有答案。
But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer.
但是这便是我希望的回答。
In the end, my love,
最终,亲爱的。
we have no choice.
我们没有其他选择。
We have to find.
我们必须寻觅。