1.<美国企业家宣言>
我不要选择做一个普通人。
It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.
如果我可以,我有权成为杰出的人。
I seek opportunity—not security.
我寻求机会,不寻求安稳。
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
我不想成为一位有保障的国民,
humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
孱弱而沉闷的安享着国家的照顾。
I want to take the calculated risk,
我要做有意义的冒险。
to dream and to build,
我要梦想,我要创造。
to fail and to succeed.
我要失败,我也要成功。
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我渴望奖励,拒绝施舍。
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
我宁要充满挑战的人生,也不要万无一失的活着;
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
宁要心满意足的颤抖,也不要萎靡虚空的平静。
I will not trade my freedom for beneficence
我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠。
nor my dignity for a handout.
也不会拿我的崇高换取救济。
I will never cower before any master
我绝不在任何权威面前发抖,
nor bend to any threat.
也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服。
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,而无所畏惧。
to think and act for myself;
我要自由的思考和行动。
to enjoy the benefit of my creations;
我要纵情于我创造的价值。
and to face the world boldly
终有一天,我会面带自豪,
and say:
向世界宣告:
"This, with God's help, I have done."
“在上帝的帮助下,我做到了!”
2.“欢乐并不能教会我们什么,然而,痛苦,磨难和阻碍能够转化我们,使我们变得更好,更强大,同时让我们认识到活在当下体验欢乐的重要性。”
3.“人至少要有一次证明过自己,才能在某一个需要自信的时刻,有事可依,有底气可依。”
4.要有“只要你不影响别人,随便你怎么变态”的包容心,和“不管自己怎么变态,都不能影响别人”的责任感。
5.“真正的成熟。不影响他人,不亏欠自己,去做自己想做的,而不是被外界所裹挟着随波逐流,这不仅是成熟,也是一种勇气”