想放弃的时候,请看看这篇文章「中英双语」

You keep studying.你继续学习吧。

No matter how rough the sea, you keep studying.不管海面有多波涛汹涌,你都要坚持学习。

No matter how many people are telling you "you can't do it," you keep studying.

不管有多少人告诉你“你做不到”,你都要坚持学习。

What if you can pull this off?

如果你能做到呢?

What if you can become the very person you dream of?

如果你能成为你梦寐以求的人呢?

It starts as soon as your alarm clock goes off.

闹钟一响就行动。

You have a decision to make and it takes discipline to do this, to really commit to having a productive day, to get up, to make every single minute of your day count.

你必须做出决定,要做到这一点需要自律,要真正致力于拥有富有成效的一天,起床,让你每天的每一分钟都有价值。

And you got to do this every single day no matter what it takes, no matter what obstacles get in your way.你必须每天都这样做,不管付出什么代价,不管遇到什么障碍。

No matter what your friends say, no matter what your classmates say.

不管你的朋友怎么说,不管你的同学怎么说。

A constant fight that just doesn't stop, against a weakness, against procrastination and laziness. 这是一场持续不断的战斗,不会停止,与弱点,与拖延和懒惰作斗争。

It's a campaign of hard work and dedication.

这是一场辛勤工作和奉献精神的运动。

It's waking up early and going to bed late and studying every second in between.

这就是早起晚睡,其间的每一秒都在学习。

The fulfillment of your dreams lies within you and you alone, whether you pass your exams or fail your exams is yours.你梦想的实现在于你自己,而且只有你一个人,无论你考试及格还是不及格都是你的。

You need to be persistent about what it is that you want to achieve.你需要对你想要实现的目标坚持不懈。

You have got to make a declaration that this is what you stand for.你必须声明这就是你的主张。

You want it and you're going to give it everything you've got to achieve it.你想要它,你要尽你所能去实现它。

I didn't say it was going to be easy, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.我没有说这会很容易,如果很容易,每个人都会这么做。

If you want the A grades and the 4.0 GPA, if you really want it.如果你想要最优和最高得分,如果你真的想要的话。

If you're not just saying but deep down you feel it within you.如果你没有停留在嘴上,而是在内心暗下决心感受成功。

There's gonna be a sacrifice, there's gonna be work, and you're going to have to make tough decisions.会有牺牲,会有工作,你将不得不做出艰难的决定。

And you're going to have to be patient.你要有耐心。

But if you can combine those three things, that's what makes great things happen.但是,如果你能把这三件事结合起来,那就是伟大的事情发生的原因。

That's what builds extraordinary lives.这就是造就非凡人生的东西。

Create the highest, grandest vision possible, because you become what you believe, no matter how crazy it might sound to the other people.创造尽可能最高、最宏伟的愿景,因为你会成为你所相信的人,不管这在别人听起来有多疯狂。

Think about it carefully, who do you want to be, what makes you happy?仔细想想,你想成为谁,什么让你快乐?

Keep pushing, because you believe in yourself and your vision.继续努力,因为你相信你自己和你的远见。

It needs to be clear to you.你需要明白这一点。

You need to know exactly what you want, you know what it tastes like and smells like.你需要确切地知道你想要什么,你知道它的味道和气味。

But you're never going to be able to do it, if you keep making the wrong decisions.但是如果你一直做错误的决定,你永远都做不到。

If you keep procrastinating and wasting time doing things that don't align you with your end goal.如果你一直拖延和浪费时间去做那些与你的最终目标不一致的事情。

You want to achieve exceptional grades from now on?

你想从现在开始取得优异成绩吗?

It's on you.全靠你了。

You can make it happen.你可以让它发生。

You've got the power to do that, you can change things for you, it doesn't matter what grades you got in the past, it doesn't matter.你有能力做到这一点,你可以为自己改变一些事情,不管你过去取得了什么成绩,这都无关紧要。

See, when you acknowledge it and say: "Hey, it's me, I'm the one that determines the outcome."看,当你承认这一点并说:“嘿,是我,我是决定结果的人。”

"I've got to do this, I have some obstacles in front of me."

“我必须这么做,我面前有一些障碍。”

"I know it's not gonna be easy, but ultimately these obstacles are not gonna slow me down."“我知道这不容易,但最终这些障碍不会拖慢我的脚步。”

Just when you feel like you've done your last hour of studying or read the last passage in the textbook and your brain is telling you "you can't study anymore."当你感觉你已经完成了最后一个小时的学习,或者读完了课本上的最后一段,你的大脑告诉你“你不能再学习了。”

You say: "Yeah? I've got to do just a little bit more."你说:“是吗?我还得再做一点。”

Make this year the year that you commit to yourself that you're going to make progress.让今年成为你向自己承诺要取得进步的一年。

It just takes discipline and outright dedication.这只需要纪律和赤裸裸的奉献。

If you can commit to winning every single day for the entire year, in 365 days your life will be drastically different.如果你能承诺在一整年中赢得每一天的胜利,365天后你的生活将会截然不同。

I don't care who you are, or which country you're from or how old you are.不管你是谁,也不管你来自哪里,也不管你多大。

It's the same for everyone.对每个人来说都是一样的。

If you're going to have the energy and the passion to drive through the day, working at 100 percent effort, you've got to wake up every single day and start with that vision.如果你想要有精力和激情驾车度过一天,百分之百地努力工作,你就必须每天醒来,从这个愿景开始。

Because right now, while you're quitting, the next person will be studying.因为现在,当你辞职的时候,下一个人会在学习。

While you're quitting and giving up, while you're saying "alright that's enough, it's time to rest," the next person is just getting started.当你放弃和放弃的时候,当你说“好了,够了,该休息了”时,下一个人才刚刚开始。

Somebody's gonna win, you or him, it's very simple.有人会赢,你或他,很简单。

The person who wins, is the person who wants it the most.获胜的人,是最想要它的人。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 204,189评论 6 478
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 85,577评论 2 381
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 150,857评论 0 337
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 54,703评论 1 276
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 63,705评论 5 366
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 48,620评论 1 281
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 37,995评论 3 396
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 36,656评论 0 258
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 40,898评论 1 298
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 35,639评论 2 321
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 37,720评论 1 330
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 33,395评论 4 319
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 38,982评论 3 307
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 29,953评论 0 19
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,195评论 1 260
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 44,907评论 2 349
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 42,472评论 2 342