All of sudden, two decades have passed. 突然间,二十年过去了。
And you still have not kissed anyone with tongue, or kissed anyone at all, for that matter.
你仍然没有用舌头吻过任何人,或者说完全没有吻过任何人。
Or had a three a.m. conversation with someone.
或者与某人交谈到凌晨3点。
Who would rather look into your eyes for ten minutes straight than talk.
而相比于说话,那人更愿意直视你的眼睛10分钟。
You have never worn a lover's sweater.
你从未穿过爱人的毛衣。
Or forgotten it at home in your bedroom, just so you would have an excuse to see them again.
或者将它忘在卧室,只为有借口再次见到他。
You have never even stood face-to-face with someone.
你甚至从未和某人面对面站在一起。
Who makes your hands shake so hard, it feels like they're both having a separate anxiety attack.
那个人让你的手颤抖得如此厉害,仿佛它们正遭遇分离焦虑一般。
This causes you much guilt and self-blame and sadness.
这些让你感到内疚,自责和悲伤。
But above all, an overwhelming curiosity.
但最重要的是,一种压倒性的好奇心。
Are you really that ugly? 你真的那么难看吗?
That unwanted? 那么不受欢迎吗?
That uninteresting? 那么无趣吗?
That boring, that no one, absolutely no one, has ever looked at you like the only thing on earth?
那么无趣,以至于没有人,真的没有人视你为世界上唯一珍贵之人吗?
The answer is "no". 答案是“不”。
The better answer is that someone out there.
更好的答案是有人在那里。
Somewhere in the world, is wondering what it's like to meet someone like you.
在世界的某个地方,想知道认识像你这样的人是什么感觉。
Maybe you felt temporarily in love with strangers on public transportation.
也许你在搭乘公共交通时会短暂的感觉爱上一个陌生人。
Fell in love with anybody who so much as accidentally brushed your hand on the way past.
爱上某个在街上偶然与你擦肩而过的人。
For you, falling in love with dozens of people a day was a coping mechanism for not having anyone to love you in return.
对你来说,在一天里爱上十几人是一种得不到对方回应的适应性机制。
But the people are not eggs. 但人们不是鸡蛋。
And falling in love with a dozen of them does not mean your shell will remain uncracked.
爱上十几人并不意味着你的外壳仍将完好无损。
One day, you're going to hit the point where you're so desperate for human contact, that you're going to snap in half.
有一天,你渴望与他人接触的情感会即刻被触发,你会感到仿佛被撕成两半。
And all your love will bleed out like egg yolk.
然后你所有的爱都会像蛋黄一样倾泻而出。
But someone out there is eating a bowl of ramen noodles right now or putting on slippers , or settling into bed.
但此时有一个人正在吃着一碗拉面,或者正在穿着拖鞋,或是准备安然入睡。
They're doing all the normal things you've done in your own life.
他们正在做着那些正常的事情,那些你在生活中做过的事情。
They're just like you.他们就像你一样。
In being just like you, they're looking for a lover too.
也正像你一样,他们也在寻找一个爱人。
They think they're all alone in feeling the way they do.
他们认为他们现在的生活也是孤独一人。
But you're really both two halves of a whole.
但其实你们正是一个整体的两个部分。
And one day you'll meet them. 然后有一天你会遇到他们。
Bump into them on the street and your two halves will be put together.
在街上撞入他们的生活,然后你们两个会走到一起。
And you'll make one. 你们终将完整。
在世界的某个角落,一定会有一个人,在等待你的出现。
不要着急,慢慢等待,一定可以等到的。
衷心祝福你,可以心想事成!美梦成真!