[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is making coffee for Joey and Chandler.]
-Rachel: Isn't this amazing? I mean, I have never made coffee before in my entire life.
是不是很不可思议?我以前可从来没冲过咖啡。
-Chandler: That is amazing.
是吧可思议
-Joey: Congratulations.
恭喜你
-Rachel: You know, I figure if I can make coffee, there isn't anything I can't do.
我以为如果我能冲咖啡,我就什么都可以做了。
-Chandler: If can invade Poland, there isn't anything I can't do.
我认为应该是“如果我能入侵波兰,我就什么都可以做了”
-Joey: Listen, while you're on a roll, if you feel like you gotta make like a Western omelet or something...
你现在正进入角色,有没有想做个蛋卷之类的东西….
(Joey and Chandler taste the coffee, grimace, and pour it into a plant pot.)
-Although actually I'm really not that hungry...
不过,我还不太饿
-Monica: (entering, to herself) Oh good, Lenny and Squigy are here.
真不赖,Lenny 和 Squigy 在这里
-All: Morning. Good morning.
早上好
-Paul: (entering from Monica's room) Morning.
早上好
-Joey: Morning, Paul.
早上好,Paul
-Rachel: Hello, Paul.
你好,Paul
-Chandler: Hi, Paul, is it?
嘿,Paul, 对吗?
(Monica and Paul walk to the door and talk in a low voice so the others can't hear. The others move Monica's table closer to the door so that they can.)
-Paul: Thank you! Thank you so much!
谢谢你!太感谢你了!
-Monica: Stop!
不要这样
-Paul: No, I'm telling you last night was like umm, all my birthdays, both graduations, plus the barn raising scene in Witness.
不,我要告诉你,昨晚我就好像….我所有的生日..毕业典礼..外加大厦落成典礼。
-Monica: We'll talk later.
我们待会再谈
-Paul: Yeah. (They kiss) Thank you. (Exits)
好的,谢谢你
-Joey: That wasn't a real date?! What the hell do you do on a real date?
那不是真正的约会?那真正的约会干什么?
-Monica: Shut up, and put my table back.
闭嘴,把我的桌子搬回去
-All: Okayyy! (They do so.)
ok
-Chandler: All right, kids, I gotta get to work. If I don't input those numbers,... it doesn't make much of a difference...
好的,孩子们,我该去工作了。不过我不把那些数字输入….也不会有什么区别
-Rachel: So, like, you guys all have jobs?
你们都有工作吗?
-Monica: Yeah, we all have jobs. See, that's how we buy stuff.
对,我们都有…这样我们才有钱买东西。
-Joey: Yeah, I'm an actor.
对,我是演员
-Rachel: Wow! Would I have seen you in anything?
哇!我有见过你的作品吗?
-Joey: I doubt it. Mostly regional work.
我不认为,大部分是地方性节目。
-Monica: Oh wait, wait, unless you happened to catch the Reruns' production of Pinocchio, at the little theater in the park.
等等,除非你在公园小剧场,看过重排的木偶奇遇记。
-Joey: Look, it was a job all right?
那还是份工作吧?
-Chandler: 'Look, Gippetto, I'm a real live boy.'
‘瞧,Gippetto, 我是个真正的小男孩’
-Joey: I will not take this abuse. (Walks to the door and opens it to leave.)
别这样羞辱我
-Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry. (Burst into song and dances out of the door.) "Once I was a wooden boy, a little wooden boy..."
你是对的。对不起。“当我还是个小木头人,小木头人…”
-Joey: You should both know, that he's a dead man. Oh, Chandler? (Starts after Chandler.)
你们该知道,他快死了。噢,Chandler?
-Monica: So how you doing today? Did you sleep okay? Talk to Barry? I can't stop smiling.
你今天怎么样?睡得好吗?和Barry谈过吗?我笑个不停。
-Rachel: I can see that. You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth.
看得出来,你就好像睡觉时,有个衣架在你嘴里
-Monica: I know, he's just so, so... Do you remember you and Tony DeMarco?
我知道,他只是太….你还记得你和Tony Demarco吗?
-Rachel: Oh, yeah.
是的,记得
-Monica: Well, it's like that. With feelings.
就好像那样….的感觉
-Rachel: Oh wow. Are you in trouble.
哇,你有麻烦了。
-Monica: Big time!
没错
-Rachel: Want a wedding dress? Hardly used.
想要婚纱吗?几乎没用过
-Monica: I think we are getting a little ahead of selves here.
我想我们谈的远了点,
Okay. Okay. I am just going to get up, go to work and not think about him all day.
好啦,我要站起来,去工作了,而且不整天想着他。
Or else I'm just gonna get up and go to work.
或者只是站起来工作
-Rachel: Oh, look, wish me luck!
那么,祝我好运
-Monica: What for?
为什么?
-Rachel: I'm gonna go get one of those (Thinks) job things.
我要去找那个工作的什么东西
(Monica exits.)
[Scene: Iridium, Monica is working as Frannie enters.]
-Frannie: Hey, Monica!
嘿,Monica!
-Monica: Hey Frannie, welcome back! How was Florida?
嘿,Frannie, 欢迎回来!佛罗里达怎么样?
-Frannie: You had sex, didn't you?
你做爱了,是吗?
-Monica: How do you do that?
你怎么知道的?
-Frannie: Oh, I hate you, I'm pushing my Aunt Roz through Parrot Jungle and you're having sex! So? Who?
我恨你,我在和我的Roz 阿姨穿过鹦鹉丛林,你却在做爱!那么,是和谁?
-Monica: You know Paul?
你认识Paul吗?
-Frannie: Paul the Wine Guy? Oh yeah, I know Paul.
Paul,调酒那个?是呀,我认识Paul
-Monica: You mean you know Paul like I know Paul?
你认识他就好像我认识他一样?
-Frannie: Are you kidding? I take credit for Paul. You know before me, there was no snap in his turtle for two years.
开玩笑吧?Paul还欠我人情呢?在我之前,他两年都没办法过性生活
-Joey: (sitting on the arm of the couch) Of course it was a lie!
当然那是个谎言
-Monica: Why?! Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that?
为什么?为什么有人会做这样的事情?
-Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'to get you into bed'.
我想更复杂的答案是“和你上床”
-Monica: I hate men! I hate men!
我恨男人,我恨男人
-Phoebe: Oh no, don't hate, you don't want to put that out into the universe.
不,不要这样,你还不会希望把他们赶出宇宙的
-Monica: Is it me? Is it like I have some sort of beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?
是因为我吗?是因为我有某种导向类的东西,只有狗,有感情问题的男人才会发觉?
-Phoebe: All right, come here, give me your feet. (She starts massaging them.)
好啦,过来这里,把你的脚给我
-Monica: I just thought he was nice, you know?
我只是以为他是个好人
-Joey: (bursts out laughing again) I can't believe you didn't know it was a lie!
我真不敢相信,你不知道那是个谎言
(Monica pushes him off of the sofa as Rachel enters with a shopping bag.)
-Rachel: Guess what?
猜猜怎么样?
-Ross: You got a job?
你得到工作啦
-Rachel: Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.
开玩笑吗?我一点经验都没有!我今天被十二个招聘的嘲笑
-Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.
而且你还这么高兴
-Rachel: You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!
你也会高兴的如果你发现 John和David牌的皮靴打五折
-Chandler: Oh, how well you know me...
是呀,你多了解我….
-Rachel: They're my new 'I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots' boots!
这就是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,我不需要父母,我有我的新皮靴
-Monica: How'd you pay for them?
你用什么付账的?
-Rachel: Uh, credit card.
恩,信用卡
-Monica: And who pays for that?
那谁付账单呢?
-Rachel: Um... my... father.
恩…我…爸爸
#讲解#
amazing: 令人惊异的
entire life: 一生
on a roll: 手气、运气好
Western omelet: 西式煎蛋卷
taste: 品尝
grimace: 痛苦的表情
Thomas made a grimace after he had tasted the wine.
汤玛斯尝了那葡萄酒后做了个鬼脸。
An odd grimace crosses her mouth and vanishes.
她的嘴角掠过一丝奇怪的表情,转眼就消失了。
pour: 倒,倾泻
pot: 罐
invade: 入侵
When did the Romans invade Britain?
古罗马人是何时侵略英国的?
The cancer cells may invade other parts of the body.
癌细胞可能侵袭身体的其他部分。
enter: 走进
graduation: 毕业
barn: 空荡荡的大建筑
scene: 场景
witness: 目击
input: 输入
doubt: 怀疑
mostly: 大多数
regional: 地区的
Close analysis of sales figures shows clear regional variations.
对销售额的仔细分析显示出明显的地区差别。
More power is to be devolved to regional government.
要将更多的权力交给地方政府。
abuse: 侮辱
The boy's breaking of window glasses caused a hail of abuse.
这个男孩打碎了窗户玻璃,招致了一阵恶骂。
I didn't expect him to descend to personal abuse.
我没料到他会堕落到对我进行人身攻击的地步。
She attacked him with a torrent of abuse.
她用连珠炮似的谩骂来攻击他。
burst into: 闯入,突然发作
wooden: 木制的
happen to: 发生(碰巧,正巧,偶然)
production: 作品
Pinocchio: 木偶奇遇记
theater: 戏院,电影院
hanger: 挂钩
big time: 欢乐的时刻
He certainly had a big time at the club last night.
他昨晚在俱乐部里肯定过得挺痛快。
wedding dress: 婚纱
hardly: 几乎不
Hardly anybody came.
几乎没有人来。
He could hardly refrain himself.
他几乎不能自制。
The desert air contains hardly any moisture.
沙漠的空气几乎不含一点湿气。
ahead of: 在…前面
A still better tomorrow lies ahead of you.
展现在你们前面的是更加美好的未来。
He will be ahead of others in English.
他在英语方面将超过别人。
A punctual person always finishes everything ahead of time.
一个守时的人总是把事情提前做好。
or else: 否则,要不然
Stop smoking now, or else your health will be ruined.
别再抽烟了,否则你会毁了自己的健康。
It was200 pounds I asked for. You sent only100. the other hundred had better arrive tomorrow or else.
我要的是200英镑,可你只寄来100。那另100英镑明天最好能寄来,要不然会给你好看的。
take credit for: 因...而得到好评
No one person can take credit for the invention of writing.
没有一个人可以说是他单独发明了写字。
snap: [口语] 劲头,活力
turtle: 海龟
arm: 扶手
couch: 沙发
lie: 骗人的话
assume: 设想
Let's assume it to be true.
让我们假定这是真的。
We assume his guilt.
我们假定他是有罪的。
sophisticated: 复杂
universe: 宇宙
sort of: 有几分地
beacon: 灯塔,信号台
severe: 严重的
He's suffering from severe mental disorder.
他患有严重的精神病。
A severe storm turned the small village down to ground.
一场剧烈的风暴把小村夷为平地。
She received severe head injuries in the accident.
她在事故中头部受了重伤。
emotional: 感情的
The conference came to a close with an emotional speech.
会议在有感情的演讲词中结束。
I hope her emotional wound will heal with the passing of time.
我希望她感情上的创伤能随时间的流逝而治愈。
His emotional language reduced many of the audience to tears.
他满怀感情的话语使许多观众流下眼泪。
massage: 按摩
burst out: 突然...起来
push off: 推开
sofa: 沙发
train: 培训
interview: 面试
surprisingly: 惊人地
upbeat: 乐观的
The presentation ended on an upbeat note.
展示简报以乐观的语调结束。
The doctor should keep the conversations with the patient as upbeat as possible.
医生应该用尽可能乐观的言辞与病人交流。
boot: 靴子
on sale: 廉价出售
percent: 百分数