译文及生词短语整理:朗读者小组
拖延症是我的老朋友了……
战拖的方法千千万,包括文中提到的,不等一切条件圆满再去做,那往往很难等到这个时机。只要条件不那么差就去做,无论怎么战拖,总还是要落到行动上。
希望有拖延症的朋友都可以早日摆脱!
Translation
Procrastination Hack : change and to or
拖延来袭:将“以及”变为“或”
By Derek Sivers
“When do you go running?”
“你什么时候跑步?”
“When the time is right.”
“当合适的时候。”
“When is the time right?”
“什么时候是合适的?”
“When it’s a nice day, and I’ve finished my work, and I haven’t just eaten, and I’m feeling energetic.”
“当那是一个美好的一天,以及我已经完成了工作,并且我没有吃过东西,而且我感到精力充沛。”
“Repeat that last sentence, changing ‘and’ to ‘or’.”
“重复上一句,改变“和”到“或”。”
“When it’s a nice day, OR I’ve finished my work, OR I haven’t just eaten, OR I’m feeling energetic.”
“当那是一个美好的一天,或者我完成了工作,或者我没有吃过东西,或者我感到精力充沛。”
“That sounds like a better plan.”
“听起来这好像是一个更好的计划。”
Got a list of conditions you need satisfied before you do something?
在你做某事之前,列出使你满意的条件清单?
Try changing and to or.
尝试将“和”变成“或”。
New words
1. procrastination 英 [prə(ʊ),kræstɪ'neɪʃ(ə)n] 美 [pro,kræstə'neʃən]
n. 耽搁,拖延;拖延症
e.g. We are all familiar with the procrastination phenomenon.
对拖延现象我们是再熟悉不过了。
2. hack 英 [hæk] 美 [hæk]
n. 打破,克服
e.g. Why do you look for tips, tricks and ideas to hack your life?
你为什么寻找建议技巧和想法来打破你的生活?
3. energetic 英 [,enə'dʒetɪk] 美 [,ɛnɚ'dʒɛtɪk]
adj. 精力充沛的;积极的;有力的
e.g. If you’re feeling energetic, we could go out for a run.
你要是觉得有精力,我们可以出去跑步。
本译文仅供个人研习、欣赏语言之用,谢绝任何转载及用于任何商业用途。本译文所涉法律后果均由本人承担。本人同意简书平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。