Albert invited his friends to have dinner at his place. Alice has just arrived.
艾尔伯特邀请他的朋友到他家吃饭。艾丽斯刚到。
Alice & Albert
Alice: Albert校友及好朋友,在一家英语培训机构任职
Albert: 男主,跨国公司程序员
Albert: Welcome,Alice! Come on in!
艾尔伯特: 欢迎, 爱丽丝! 进来吧!
Alice: Thanks! Am I the first one who arrived?
艾丽斯: 谢谢! 我是第一个到的吗?
Albert: Yeah,Jeremy just called me and said he and Anna would be a little late.
艾尔伯特: 是的,杰里米刚刚打电话给我,说他和安娜会晚一点到。
Alice: I see. Here,I brought you a bottle of good wine!
艾丽斯: 我明白了。来,我给你带了一瓶好酒!
Albert: That's very sweet of you.
艾尔伯特: 你真是太好了。
Alice: Um...what are you cooking on the stove? It smells appetizing!
艾丽斯: 嗯…你在炉子上煮什么?它闻起来开胃!
Albert: That must be the braised pork chops. It's almost ready. Have a taste!
艾尔伯特: 那一定是红烧猪排。几乎可以吃了。尝一尝!
Alice: Um...a bit light. I think it needs more seasoning.
艾丽斯: 嗯…有一点清淡。我认为它需要更多的调味料。
Albert: Alright. I'll add more salt and soy sauce into the food.
艾尔伯特: 好的。我要在食物里多加些盐和酱油。
Alice: Is there anything else I can help you with? But I have to warn you. I'm not a good cook.
艾丽斯: 还有什么我可以帮你的吗?但我得提醒你。我不是个好厨师。
Albert: Haha! Got it. Can you help me slice the potatoes? The knife is really sharp,so be careful.
艾尔伯特: 哈哈! 明白了。你能帮我把土豆切片吗?这把刀真的很锋利,所以要小心。
Alice: Don't worry. I'm quite good at dealing with potatoes. After all,I make mashed potatoes all the time.
艾丽斯: 别担心。我很擅长处理土豆。毕竟,我一直在做土豆泥。
Albert: Haha! I'm counting on you then! Here,have another taste of the pork chops. Is it better now?
艾尔伯特: 哈哈! 我就指望你了! 来,再尝尝猪排。现在可以了吗?
Alice: Perfect! You're really an amazing cook!
艾丽斯: 完美! 你真是个了不起的厨师!
本课生词总结
appetizing:adj. 开胃的;促进食欲的
braised:adj. 炖熟的;焖熟的;用文火炖到全熟的
pork:n. 猪肉
chops:n. (猪、羊等)排骨;砍;掌劈;(复数)腭,下巴;商标;动物饲料;碎浪;(非正式)应得的一份
seasoning:n. 调味品;佐料;风干;增添趣味的东西
mashed:adj. 捣碎的;捣烂的;被捣成糊状的
After all:毕竟;终究
count on:指望;依靠