I came to the place where the lone pilgrim lay,
来到孤独朝圣者歇息的地方,
And patiently stood by his tomb,
我耐心地站在他的墓旁,
When in a low whisper I heard something say:
当我听到低声耳语时:
How sweetly I sleep here alone.
我独自睡在这里多么惬意。
The tempest may howl and the loud thunder roar
风雨连绵,雷声不绝
And gathering storms may arise,
风暴即起,临空呼啸,
But calm is my feeling, at rest is my soul,
而我的心境平静,灵魂静憩,
The tears are all wiped from my eyes.
把眼睛上的泪水全部擦去。
The call of my master compelled me from home,
主人的呼唤迫使我离开家,
No kindred or relative nigh.
没了远亲近邻,我茕然一身。
I met the contagion and sank to the tomb,
一场传染病致使我黄泉命丧,
My soul flew to mansions on high.
而我的魂仍在宅邸上空翱翔。
Go tell my companion and children most dear
告诉我的同伴,我最可爱的孩子们
To weep not for me now I'm gone.
别为我的逝去而哭泣流泪。
The same hand that led me through seas most severe
那只领我穿过狂风恶浪的手
Has kindly assisted me home.
温和地指给了我回家的路