Chapter 6
第六章
At 8:45 the warning bell rang throughout the prison. Tracy's cell mates began to undress. Tracy did not move.
八点四十无分,熄灯的预备铃声响遍整个监狱。特蕾西的同屋人开始脱衣服,特蕾西没动。
Lola said, "You got fifteen minutes to get ready for bed."
洛拉说:“有十五分钟的准备时间。”
The women had stripped and put on nightgowns. The peroxided-blond matron passed the cell. She stopped when she saw Tracy lying on her cot.
女人们脱得赤条大精,然后穿上睡衣。那亚麻色头发的女看守经过这间牢房。当她看到特蕾西和衣躺在床上时,她停了下来。
"Get undressed," she ordered. She turned to Ernestine. "Didn't you tell her?"
“把衣服脱下来,”她命令道。她转向欧内斯廷:“你们没告诉她吗?”
"Yeah. We tol' her."
“不,我们告诉她了。”
The matron turned back to Tracy. "We got a way of takin' care of troublemakers," she warned. "You do what you're told here, or I'll bust your ass." The matron moved down the hall.
那女看守又转向特蕾西:“我们可有一套对付捣乱分子的办法。”她警告说,“在这儿,叫你干什么你就得干什么,否则我打烂你的屁股。”女看守朝食堂方向走了。
Paulita cautioned, "You better listen to her, baby. Old Iron Pants is one mean bitch."
波利塔提醒说:“宝贝儿,你最好还是听她的话。老铁裤衩可是个什么都干得出来的母夜叉。”
Slowly, Tracy rose and began to undress, keeping her back to the others. She took off all her clothes, with the exception of her panties, and slipped the coarse nightgown over her head. She felt the eyes of the other women on her.
特蕾西慢慢地站起身,背对着几个人,开始脱衣服。她脱下所有的衣服,只剩下一条短裤。然后套上那件质地粗糙的睡衣。她觉得那几个女人的眼睛都在朝她看。
"You got a real nice body," Paulita commented.
“你的体型真美。”波利塔评论说。
"Yeah, real nice," Lola echoed.
“是的,真够帅的。”洛拉应和道。
Tracy felt a shiver go through her.
特蕾西感到身上一阵发麻。
Ernestine moved over to Tracy and looked down at her. "We're your friends. We gonna take good care of you." Her voice was hoarse with excitement.
欧内斯廷走到特蕾西身旁,低头看着她:“我们是你的朋友。我们会好好照顾你的。”她兴奋得声音都嘶哑了。
Tracy wildly jerked around. "Leave me alone! All of you. I'm--- I'm not that way."
特蕾西猛地扭过身去:“别碰我!你们全都在内。我——我可不是那种人。”
The black woman chuckled. "You'll be any way we want you to be, baby."
黑人女人抿着嘴轻声笑了起来:“宝贝儿,你得照我们要求的去做。”
"Hay tiempo. There's plenty of time."
“我们有的是时间。”
The lights went out.
灯灭了。