8
玛格丽特,近来很少见到你,出差了吗?
I haven't seen much of you lately,Margaret.Have you been away on business?
对,我二月去了一趟纽约。
Yes,I went to New York on a business trip in February.
你能来这里和我们一起过周末,我们很高兴。
It was nice having you here with us for the weekend.
再一次见到你们,我也非常高兴。
I was delighted to see you again,too.
9
琳达,你今晚有空吗?
Are you free this evening,Linda?
我想要你到我这里来一趟。
I'd like you to come over to my place.
是我来找你,还是你来找我?
Shall I come for you or you for me?
10
艾米,我们去散散步好吗?
Shall We go for a walk,Amy?
你愿意去公园散步吗?
Would you like to take a walk in the Park?
你喜欢晚饭后在乡间作长途散步,不是吗?
You like long walks in the country after dinner,don't you?
11
琳达,今晚可以请你出去吃饭吗?
May I invite you to eat out tonight,Linda?
你愿和我在一起吃晚饭吗?
Would you like to join me for dinner?
不知明天我们可不可以一起吃顿午饭?
I wonder if We might meet for lunch tomorrow.
12
今晚陪我去跳舞怎么样?
How about going dancing with me tonight?
你喜欢跳交谊舞?
Do you prefer ballroom dancing?
我们在哪里会面去参加舞会?
Where shall We meet for the dancing party?
13
琳达,想与我开车去兜兜风吗?
Would you Care for a ride with me,Linda?
咱们干嘛不去体育馆打羽毛球?
Why don't We go and play badminton in the gym?
我这里有两张电影票,看好莱坞片子,你愿同我一起看吗?
I've got two tickets for a Hollywood movie. Would you like to go with me?
14
我打电话是想问一下今晚的舞会,咱们几点钟去?
I'm calling about the dance for tonight. What time shall we go?
今天下午去游泳实在太好了。
It's a marvelous idea indeed to go swimming this afternoon!
你能有空来陪我,我很高兴。
I'm so glad that you can afford the time to come and keep me company.