W:What the hell are you doing?!你到底在抽什么风啊?
S:Bored.本少爷无聊!
W:What?!什么?
S:Bored!无聊死了!
W:No...别...
S:Don't know what's got into the criminal classes. Good job I'm not one of them.真不知道如今的犯罪阶层都怎么了。还好我没去那边混。
W:So you take it out on the wall?那你就拿墙撒气吗?
S:The wall had it coming.不撒白不撒。
W:What about that Russian case?俄罗斯那案子呢?
S:Belarus? Open and shut domestic murder. Not worth my time.白俄罗斯?老一套家庭情杀,浪费我时间。
W:Oh, shame!Anything in? I'm starving. 可惜了吖!家里有吃的没?我饿死了.....
W:Oh, f... There's a head. A severed head! 我去,有个人头,砍掉的人头。
�S:Just tea for me, thanks. 给我茶就好,谢谢。
W:No, there's a head in the fridge.不,冰箱里有颗人头。
S:Yes?那又怎样?
W:A bloody head!那可是人头!
S:Well, where else I supposed to put it? You don't mind, do you?不然你让我放在哪呢?你不介意的吧?
W:Well...真无语
S:Got it from Barts morgue. I'm measuring the coagulation of saliva after death.从巴茨医院的停尸间拿来的,我在测量人死后唾液的凝固时间。
S:I see you've written up the taxi driver case.你把血腥的哥那起案子写进博客了
W:Er...yes. A Study In Pink.是呐。"粉色的研究"
S:Nice.真想的出来。
W:Well, you know. Pinklady, pink case, pink phone. There was a lot of pink. Did you like it? 是嘛,粉红女郎、粉红箱子、粉红手机,全是粉红。你喜欢吗?
S:Um...no.呃 不喜欢
W:Why not? I thought you'd be flattered.为什么?我可是一个劲地夸你。
S:Flattered?! "Sherlock sees through everything and everyone in seconds. "What's incredible, though, is how spectacularly ignorant he is about some things."夸我?“夏洛克能瞬间看穿万事万物,但令人难以置信的是,他对某些领域表现出的极端无知。”
W:Hang on, I didn't mean that...等下,我不是那意思…
S:Oh, you meant "spectacularly ignorant" in a nice way!Look, it doesn't
matter to me who's Prime Minister or...那你的"极端无知"也是在夸我咯。听着我关心首相是谁...
W:I know.我知道
S:..who's sleeping with who...谁和谁有一腿
W:Whether the Earth goes round the sun.或是地球绕着太阳转
S:That again! It's not important!又来了,这无关紧要。
W:Not impor...?! It's primary school stuff. How can you not know that?啥?连小学生都知道,你怎么会不知道?
S:Well, if I ever did, I've deleted it.就算我以前知道,那也早被我删除了。
W:Deleted it?删除是啥意思?
S:Listen. This is my hard drive, and it only makes sense to put things in there that are useful. REALLY useful. Ordinary people fill their heads with all kinds of rubbish. That makes it hard to get at the stuff that matters. Do you see?听着,我的大脑就像一个硬盘,只存进有用的东西,真正有用的东西。普通人一般都是满脑子垃圾,关键时刻大脑就不起作用了,明白?
W:But it's the solar system!可这是太阳系的问题啊
S:Oh, hell! What does that matter?! So we go round the sun. If we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference! All that matters to me is the work! Without that, my brain rots! Put that in your blog! Or, better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world!拜托,有什么意义?地球绕太阳转,就算是绕月亮转,甚至是绕着公园转啊转,像只泰迪熊似的也和我们没有半毛钱关系。对我唯一重要的是工作,不然我脑子都要生锈了。写进你博客里去要是你不添油加醋就更好了。
S:Where are you going?你去哪?
W:Out! I need some air.出去透透气
H:Oh, sorry, love! Ooh-ooh! Have you two had a little domestic? Ooh, it's a bit nippy out there. He should have wrapped himself up a bit more.抱歉,亲爱的。哎哟,你们小两口闹别扭了?外面天气冷飕飕的,他应该多穿点的。
S:Look at that, Mrs Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?看看外面赫德森太太,安静无比,一片太平。何其可恶啊。
H:Oh, I'm sure something will turn up, Sherlock. A nice murder. That'll cheer you up.总会出点事的,夏洛克。一起错综复杂的谋杀案,让你兴奋起来。
S:Mmm. Can't come too soon.快点来吧,等死人了。
H:Hey, what have you done to my bloody wall?!I'm putting this on your rent, young man! 你怎么把墙壁弄成这幅德行?这个算在你房租里,小伙子。
Sarah:Morning.早安
W:Oh...m-morning.哦早安
Sarah:See? Told you you should have gone with the Lilo.看吧,就说你该用气垫床的。
W:No, no, no, it's fine, I slept fine. It's very kind of you.不不,没事,我睡得很好。多谢你让我留下。
Sarah:Well, maybe next time I'll let you kip at the end of my bed, you know.也许下次我会让你睡在我的床脚。
W:What about the timeafter that?再下次呢?
Sarah:Do you want some breakfast?要早餐吗?
W:Love some.好呀
Sarah:Well, make it yourself. I'm going to have a shower.自己做吧,我去洗个澡。
TV:Back now to our mainstory. There's been a massive explosion in central London. As yet, there are noreports of any casualties, and the police are unable to say if there's anysuspicion of terrorist involvement. Police have issued an emergency number forfriends and relatives.... 回到头条新闻,伦敦中心区发生了一起大爆炸。目前,还没有伤亡报告警方无法确认,这是否与恐怖分子有关,警方公布了紧急电话供当事人亲友联络。
W:Sarah! Sarah! Sorry! I've got to run!莎拉,莎拉。抱歉我得走了。
W:Excuse me, can I getthrough? Excuse me. Can I get through? I live over there. Sherlock! Sherlock! 抱歉,借过一下,我家在里面。夏洛克
S:John.约翰。
W:I saw it on the telly. Are you OK?我在电视上看见了,你还好吗?
S:Me? What? Oh, yeah, fine. Gas leak, apparently.我吗?没事啦。显然是煤气泄漏了
S:I can't.我不行
Mycroft:Can't?怎么不行?
S:Stuff I've got on is just too big. I can't spare the time.我手头的案子太多了,抽不出空。
Mycroft:Never mind your usual trivia. This is of national importance.别管你那些鸡毛蒜皮了,这是国家大事。
S:How's the diet?节食成果如何?
Mycroft:Perhaps you can get through to him, John.也许你能说通他,约翰。
W:What?什么?
Mycroft:I'm afraid my brother can be very intransigent.恐怕我弟弟有时就是这么顽固。
S:If you're so keen, why don't you investigate it?你这么热心你自己去调查呀。
Mycroft:No. I can't possiblybe away from the office for any length of time. Not with the Korean electionsso... Well, you don't need to know about that, do you? Besides, a case likethis, it requires...legwork.不行,我一刻也不能离开办公室。韩国大选就要...反正你也懒得知道对吧?再说这种案子需要...跑腿。
S:How's Sarah, John? How was the Lilo?莎拉还好吗?约翰?气垫床如何?
Mycroft:Sofa, Sherlock. It was the sofa.沙发夏洛克他睡的沙发
S:Oh, yes, of course.当然。
W:How...? Oh, never mind.怎么...算了。
Mycroft:Sherlock's business seems to be booming since you and he became... pals. What's he like to live with? Hellish, I imagine.自从你俩在一起,似乎夏洛克的工作就蒸蒸日上了啊。和他同居感觉如何?苦不堪言吧
W:I'm never bored.我从不无聊
Mycroft:Good. That's good, isn't it?不错,真不错,是吧?
Mycroft:Andrew West, knownas Westie to his friends. Civil servant. Found dead on the tracks at Batterseastation this morning with his head smashed in. 安德鲁·威斯特,朋友叫他小威,公务员。今早被发现死于巴特希火车站铁轨上,死因是头部遭到重击。
W:Jumped in front of a train?卧轨自杀?
Mycroft:Seems the logical assumption.顺理成章的推断
W:But?但是?
Mycroft:But?但是?
W:Well, you wouldn't be here if it was just an accident.若是事故你也不会来了。
Mycroft:The MoD is working on a new missile defence system, the Bruce-Partington Program it's called. The plans for it were on a memory stick.国防部在开发新的反导弹系统,人称布鲁斯-帕廷顿计划,计划内容存在一根记忆棒里
W:That wasn't very clever.不怎么明智啊
Mycroft:It's not the only copy. But it is secret. And missing.有很多个备份,可也是机密。而且遗失了
W:Top secret?顶级机密?
Mycroft:Very. We think West must have taken the memory stick. We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands. You've got to find those plans, Sherlock. Don't make me order you.当然,我们认为记忆棒可能被韦斯特拿了,不能让它流入外人手里,你得找到这份计划,夏洛克。别逼我命令你
S:I'd like to see you try.你倒是试试呀
Mycroft:Think it over. Goodbye, John. See you very soon.好好考虑。再见,约翰。回头见。
W:Why did you lie? You've got nothing on. Not a single case. That's why the wall took a pounding. Why did you tell your brother you were busy?你为什么撒谎?你根本无事可做。根本没案子,墙都差点被你拆了为什么骗你哥说你忙得不可开交??
S:Why shouldn't I?我偏喜欢。
W:Nice. Sibling rivalry. Now we're getting somewhere.懂了,兄弟斗气,这倒真有意思。
S:Sherlock Holmes. Of course. How could I refuse?夏洛克·福尔摩斯。当然我怎么会拒绝呢?
W:What's wrong?是谁?
S:Lestrade - I've been summoned. Coming?是雷斯垂德,我被召唤了,来吗?
W:Yeah. If you want me to.你想让我去的话
S:Of course. I'd be lost without my blogger.当然,我的博客作家不在,我会无所适从。