Andy:I just don't understand what happened in there, that's all.
安迪:我真不明白是怎么回事,真不明白。
Heywood:Old man's crazy as a rat in a tin shithouse.
海沃德 :那老家伙疯了。
Red:Heywood, that's enough out of you.
瑞德:海沃德,你够了。
Man in front of Red:Heard he had you shitting your pants.
瑞德前面那个男的:我听说你吓得尿流 。
Heywood:Fuck you.
海沃德 :去你妈的。
Red:Would you knock it off!Brooks ain't no bug. He's just institutionalized.
瑞德:不要再说了!布鲁斯不是疯了,他只是被驯化了。
Heywood:"Institutionalized," my ass!
海沃德 :驯化?什么狗屁!
Red:The man's been in here 50 years, Heywood, 50 years!
瑞德:他在此已有五十年了,海伍德,五十年!
This is all he knows.
这是他唯一认识的地方。
In here, he's an important man. He's an educated man.
在这儿,他是个重要的人,一个有教养的人
Outside, he's nothing. Just a used-up con with arthritis in both hands.
在外面,他什么都不是。只是一个假释出来的,两只手都患有关节炎的囚犯。
Probably couldn't get a library card if he tried.
申请张借书证都有困难。
You know what I'm trying to say?
你明白我说的话吗?
Floyd:Red,I do believe you're talking out of your ass.
弗洛伊德:瑞德,我的确认为你说的是屁话。
Red:You believe whatever you want,Floyd.
瑞德:你愿意怎么认为就怎么认为,弗洛伊德。
But I tell you these walls are funny. First you hate them. Then you get used to them.
我告诉你,这些围墙很有趣的。开始,你恨它们。接着,你适应了它们。
Enough time passes,you get so you depend on them. That's "institutionalized."
时间久了,你开始离不开它们。那就是被驯化了。
Jigger:Shit. I could never get like that.
齐格尔 :妈的,我永远不会那样的。
Ernie:Oh, yeah? Wait till you've been here as long as Brooks has.
厄尼 :噢,是吗?等你呆到布鲁克斯那么长的时候再说这话吧。
Red:Goddamn right. They send you here for life,that's exactly what they take.
瑞德:太对了。他们把你送到这儿生活,拿走了你原本的生活。
Part that counts, anyway.
至少是一部分。