A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do . 成功的生活就是早上起床,晚上睡觉,白天做自己想做的事。 ---Bob Dylan
The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it . 一座房子最好的装饰品,是常来光顾的朋友们。--- 爱默生
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower . 秋天是第二个春天,每片树叶都是花朵。---Albert Camus
Our forward deployed force will be the first to the fight , ready to deliver a lethal response at a moment's notice if our nation calls . 我们部署在前方的部队将会是战斗的先锋,随时准备响应祖国的召唤,给予致命的回击。
attack aircraft 攻击战机 logistic work 后勤工作
size up : 打量; 估量,估计; 对…作出判断[评价]
size sb up with curious / strange eyes 用奇怪的眼光看待某人
他们异样的眼光灼伤了我。
译: It feels like being burned when I am sized up with their curious / strange eyes .
where is there dignity unless there is honesty ? 若无诚实,谈何自尊 ?
Would you like to grab a bite with me ? 愿意跟我一起去吃点东西么 ?
My watch says it's time to wrap it . 看了一下手表时间差不多了,就到这里吧。
forge checks 伪造支票
Just tell me how much he owes and I'll pay you back . 告诉我他欠了多少钱,我现在就还给你。
We're right on target . 我们正按计划进行。
It's way overpriced . 这也太宰人了吧!(way / adv. 很远;大量;非常;极其)
Don't try to rip me off , I know what it's worth . 别敲诈我,我知道它值多少钱 。
How about 5 $ . 5美元卖不卖?
If you don't give me a better price , I won't buy it . 如果不给我一个好的价格,我就不买了!
Come on , give me a break on this . 矮油,打个折嘛!
Can you give me this for cheaper ? 能不能便宜一点呢 ?
Give me a discount , please . 打个折呗,么么哒。
I can get this cheaper at other places . 我能在别的地方以更便宜的价格买到这个。
Thank you , I'll check around a few more places . 谢谢。我别处再转转吧。
chubby adj . 胖乎乎的;圆胖的 double chin 双下巴
I can't fit into most of my pants anymore . 我已经穿不进绝大多数以前的裤子了。
The temperature is dropping , so we're just storing a bit of fat for winter .气温在下降,所以我们需要贴点儿秋膘,为冬天御寒做准备呀。
You hit it right on the head . 你说到要害了。
should like to do sth 想要做某事,多用于第一人称之后。非常正式和传统的说话方式,常出现在皇室议会的场合。
kitten 【N】小猫 a young cat have kittens 焦虑;烦躁;心慌意乱
edict 【N】法令;命令;敕令 mind-blowing adj . 引起幻觉的,是兴奋的
e.g. It must have been mind-blowing . 这一定让人大开眼界。
farewell , 向远行的朋友道别时使用,较为正式。(在朋友远行,长时间无法相见时使用,希望朋友平安、顺利,较为正式。)
humiliate vt. 使蒙羞,使丢脸,使出丑,屈辱
in the bag 确实无疑,稳操胜券
hashtag n. 井号(#)标签(微博twitter中用来标注线索主题的标签)