一常用口语:
- I'm having a friend over today. 今天我有朋友来.
- I'm kidding. Come on.
- That's my thing. 这是我的风格。
- Deal with this.
- It seemed like all we did was ...
- I'm not kidding you 说真的
- I'm hearing this for the first time. 这是我第一次听说。
二 Notes
scene 4 Phil & Claire
I'm just gonna say it. He needs to be checked by a specialist.
-连读:①say it: 加j. say(j)it; ②by a: 加j. by(j)a
英语连读Excalibur /eks'kælibə/ n. 亚瑟王的神剑.
拓展 Excalibur 王者之剑
王者之剑(英语:Excalibur,又译为断钢圣剑、斩铁剑、湖中剑)据说持有该剑可带来统治不列颠的魔力。在威尔士传说中又被称为卡里德福洛斯(Caledfwlch)。王者之剑是在亚瑟王传说中所登场的魔法圣剑,可以称得上是后世骑士文学中,英雄多半配持著名宝剑传统的开端。
Excalibur from the 1981 film Excalibur at the London Film MuseumThe Lady of the Lake offering Arthur Excalibur, by Alfred Kappes (1880)Morgan le Fay Casts Away the Scabbard, by Henry Justice Ford (1902)
Excalibur or Caliburn is the legendary sword of King Arthur, sometimes attributed with magical powers or associated with the rightful sovereignty of Great Britain. Sometimes Excalibur and the Sword in the Stone (the proof of Arthur's lineage) are said to be the same weapon, but in most versions they are considered separate. The sword was associated with the Arthurian legend very early. In Welsh, the sword is called Caledfwlch; in Cornish, the sword is called Calesvol; in Breton, the sword is called Kaledvoulc'h; in Latin, the sword is called Caliburnus.
- hang on a second. 连读 /hæŋonasɛkənd/。
- I'm bound to be a little surprised, but I'm not gonna embarrass you. 我是有点小吃惊,可我不会让你丢脸的。
-be bound to be 确实是、必然会。
-but I'm not gonna embarrass you。重音在强调embarrass上,not gonna读的非常快而且轻,听起来像I don't embarrass you...。 - I better charge the camcorder. 听着像I better go of charge the camcorder. 原版字幕中并没有go of。
- That's my thing. 两个词都有th,注意θ咬舌发音。这是我的风格。
- I'm hip. 我很时尚的。
-hip n. 臀部;蔷薇果;忧郁; adj. 熟悉内情的;非常时尚的。 Hip-Hop 起源于美国街头的即兴舞蹈,也称streetfunk。 - 网络聊天缩写:
-"LOL"- Laugh out loud.
-"OMG"- Oh, my God.
-"WTF"- Why the face?
-WTF=What the FUCK 。搞*毛*啊 - And now you have to follow through. 所以你现在要按说好的做。
- He's got a birthday party。 got + n. 要进行什么活动。
- gotta = got to/have got to 。
- I guess that works for me。that强调,重读,不省音。
Buddy. Why do you keep getting stuck like this?
兄弟 你怎么老是卡在这里面
I thought I could get out this time.
我以为这次能拔出来呢
I'm just gonna say it. He needs to be checked by a specialist.
我直说了吧 他得去检查一下智商
There. Be free.
好了 你自由了
Excalibur.
亚瑟王之剑拔出来了
-I'm having a friend over today. - Who?
-今天我有朋友来家里玩 -谁啊
-Uh, you don't know him. - Him? Him?
-你不认识他 -是个男生吗
Ooh, a boy. You gonna kiss him?
哇 男生 你会和他亲嘴吗
-Shut up. - Easy. Easy.
-闭嘴 -别激动 别激动
-Yeah, shut up! - No, you shut up!
-闭嘴 -你才闭嘴
Luke, Alex, why don't you take it outside, okay?
卢克和艾丽克斯 你们俩出去解决好吗
And do what?
怎么解决
-Fight in the sun. It'll be a nice change. - Haley.
-在太阳下决斗 不错吧 -海莉
-I'm kidding. - Who's the boy?
-我逗你们玩呢 -是谁要来
His name is Dylan.
他叫迪兰
I might as well tell him not to come...
我还是别让他来算了
Because you guys are just going to embarrass me again.
不然你们又得让我丢脸
Sweetie, hang on a second.
亲爱的 等等
You're 15, and it's the first time you've had a boy over.
你15岁了 还是第一次有男生来家里
I'm bound to be a little surprised,
我是有点小吃惊
but I'm not gonna embarrass you.
可我不会让你丢脸的
I better charge the camcorder.
我去给摄像机充好电
I'm kidding. Come on. Who are you talking to?
逗你玩呢 别这样 也不看看我是谁
I'm the cool dad. That's- That's my thing.
我是酷老爹 这是我的风格
I'm hip. I- I surf the Web.
我酷毙了 我会上网
I text. "LOL"- Laugh out loud.
我会发短信 LOL意思是癫狂笑
"OMG"- Oh, my God.
OMG意思是饿滴神
"WTF"- Why the face?
WTF意思是苦逼脸
[WTF=What the FUCK意思是搞毛啊]
Um, you know, I know all the dances to High School Musical, so-
《歌舞青春》里所有的舞我都会跳
*We're all in this together *
我们现在欢聚一堂
Yes, we are
没错
We're all stars Something, something you know it
我们都是大明星 嘻唰唰嘻唰唰
-Mom! Dad! -What happened?
-妈妈 爸爸 -什么事
-Luke just shot me! -I didn't mean to.
-卢克用枪射我 -我不是故意的
-Are you okay? -No.
-你没事吧 -没事才怪
The little bitch shot me.
这小贱人用枪射我
-Language! They're only plastic BBs. It was an accident.
-别说脏话 -只是塑料枪 这是意外
What did I tell you would happen if you got him a gun?
早就告诉你 给他枪就会出事
-Deal with this. -Buddy, uncool.
-你看着办吧 -老弟 是你不对哦
That's it? That's-No, no, no, no.
这就完了吗 不行 不行
The agreement was that if he shoots someone, you shoot him.
我们说好他用枪射了别人 你就得射他的
-We were serious about that? -Yes, we were.
-我们当时是认真的吗 -当然是真的
And now you have to follow through.
所以你现在要按说好的执行
-I'm so sorry. -Liar.
-我错了 -你就装吧
-Go. -He's got a birthday party.
-去吧 -他还要去参加生日会呢
What's more important here, Dad?
生日会和家法哪个更重要 爸爸
You can shoot him afterwards. He'll be home at 2:00.
你可以之后再射他 他两点就能到家
I can't shoot him at 2:00.
两点不行
I'm showing a house at 2:00.
我两点还得带人去看房子
-What about 3:00? -No, he's got a soccer game at 3:00.
-三点吧 -不行 三点他有足球赛
And then-Oh, we gotta leave for that dinner thing at 5:00.
然后我们五点就得去赴宴
4:15. You could shoot him at 4:15.
4点15吧 你可以在那时候射他
Yeah, I guess that works for me. Oh!
行 那个时候我有空
-"Shoot Luke." -Sorry, dude. It's on the calendar.
-射卢克 -抱歉老弟 铁板钉钉了
Oh, come on!
别这样啊
scene 5 Jay & Gloria
- I'm quitting soccer. 我不想踢球了。I'm quitting sth. 我不想做某事了。
- that little blowup with sb. 和某人发怒,争吵。
- I'm just saying, ... that's all. That's all I'm saying. 我只是说……。
- 'Cause that's where you live, down here.But I live up here! 你总是这么忍气吞声的,可我咽不下这口气.
- you're with me on this, right? 你也这么觉得吧.
- puffy /'pʌfi/ adj. 膨胀的;肿胀的; n. 膨胀;肿胀.
- flagpole /'flæɡpol/ n. 旗杆.
- toughen /'tʌfn/ vt. 使…坚韧;使…顽固; vi. 变坚韧;变顽固.
-toughen him up a little bit 让他坚强一点。 - I'm not kidding you 说真的
- I'm hearing this for the first time. 这是我第一次听说。
I'm quitting soccer. It is a game for children.
我不想踢足球了 那是小孩儿玩的
No, you're not quitting.
不 你不能放弃
You would have stopped that goal
对方之所以会进球
if you weren't staring at that little girl.
完全是因为你光顾着看小姑娘了
She is not a girl. She's a woman.
她不是小姑娘 她是成熟的女人
You know, Gloria, that little blowup with that other mom
歌洛莉亚 你犯得着非要和
Why do you have to do things like that?
那个妈妈吵架吗
If somebody says something about my family,
如果有人敢对我的家人说三道四
-I'm going to -I'm just saying.
-我一定 -我只是说
You could take it down here a little bit. That's all.
你火气应该小一点 就这样
Oh, yeah. 'Cause that's where you live, down here.
没错 你总是这么忍气吞声的。
-But I live up here! -Yeah, but,
-可我咽不下这口气 -可是
you don't have to be so emotional all the time.That's all I'm saying.
我只是说 你别那么容易激动嘛
Manny, you're with me on this, right?
曼尼 你也这么觉得吧
I wanna tell Brenda Feldman I love her.
我要告诉布兰达·费德曼我爱她
-Oh, for God sakes. -Manny, she's 16.
-天啊 -曼尼 她都16岁了
Oh. It's okay for you to take an older lover?
你不就找了年长的对象吗
-Hey, watch it. -I wanna go to the mall where she works.
-嘿 说话注意点 -我要去她上班的商场
But first I need to get my white shirt, the silk one.
不过我先得换上我的白衬衫 丝绸的那件
Okay. If that's what you really want to do.
好吧 如果你真想这么做的话
Seriously. Not to be the evil stepdad,
说真的 不是我要当恶毒的后爹
but if you put on a puffy white shirt...
可你要真穿着那臃肿的白衬衣,
and declare your love for a 16-year-old,
去向16岁的姑娘告白
you're gonna be swinging from the flagpole
你会被扒得只剩条白内裤
in your puffy white underpants.
然后被吊在旗杆上
-Stop the car. -Oh, where are you going?
-停车 -你去哪儿
See? You hurt his feelings.
看到没 你伤他的心了
Ah-Well, if it toughens him up a little bit then-
要是这能让他变得坚强点
Oh, geez. He's picking flowers.
我的妈呀 他居然去采野花了
Manny's very passionate, just like his father.
曼尼是个多情种 和他爹一个样
My first husband-he's very handsome, but too crazy.
我的前夫 风度翩翩 但太疯狂了
It seemed like all we did was fight and make love,
我们不是在吵架就是在做爱
fight and make love, fight and make love.
吵架 做爱 吵架 做爱
One time, I'm not kidding you, we fell out the window together.
说真的 有一次 我们从窗口摔下去了
Which-Which one were you doing?
你们当时在吵架还是做爱
I'm hearing this for the first time.
我也是第一次听说这事
scene 6 Mitchell & Cameron
worry 英音 /'wʌrɪ/, 美音 /ˈwɜ:ri/
What the hell is that supposed to mean? 你这话是什么意思.
be expecting sth./sb. 在期盼中等待。
which has been very difficult. which has 连读+轻读,/which-z/
where it retains nutrients. where i(t) retains连读+轻音省略: wher-i(省略t)
Cameron的几句话比较长,而且涉及到日常简单对话没有的内容,需要多听多跟读几遍才能达到他的速度。molecular /mə'lɛkjəlɚ/ 。
gone 英音 /gɒn/,美音 /ɡɔn/
I had Andre do it while we were gone. 元+元连读,do it +/w/。
英语连读that's reassuring. 那真让人安心呀。(这个场景里是反话)
Even Pepper pointed it out on the way home from the airport。 4词连读:pointed-it-out-on. 多练习几遍。
This doesn't worry you?
你不担心吗
She barely slept on the plane and she's still wide awake.
她在飞机上就没怎么睡 现在还很清醒
-Oh, stop worrying. -I can't.
-别想多了 -不想才怪
That-That orphanage was all women.
那个孤儿院里都是女人
Maybe she just-she can't fall asleep unless she feels a woman's shape.
也许离开女性柔软的怀抱 她就睡不着
-I guess that's possible. -So here.
-有可能 -那你抱着她
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你这话是什么意思
Yes,
没错
I've gained a few extra pounds while we were expecting the baby,
在等待领养孩子的期间 我是长胖了一点
which has been very difficult.
过程相当艰辛
But apparently your body
但显然你的身体会
does a nesting, very maternal, primal thing...
产生一些母性的本能反应
where it retains nutrients-
来储存养分
some sort of molecular physiology thing.
像是分子生理学那类的
But that's science.
那是科学事实
You can't-You can't fight it, so-
人类 根本无力抵抗
-I'm not saying anything. -You're saying everything.
-我没别的意思 -你就是话里有话
-Count to three. -One, two-
-数到3 -1 2
-Three. -Okay.
-3 -好吧
-Oh, Cam. This is beautiful. -Oh, my God. Do you love it?
-小卡 真美 -我的天 你喜欢吗
Yes, I-
当然 我
What the hell is that?
这是什么玩意
I had Andre do it while we were gone.
我让安珠尔趁我们不在时画的
Is that us, with wings?
那是我俩吗 还长着翅膀
We're floating above her, always there to protect her.
我们在她的上方 永远守护着她
Okay. Well, that's reassuring, right, Lily?
这真让人心安 对吧 莉莉
Yes, we tore you away from everything you know,
我们把你从熟悉的环境中抢出来
but don't worry, things are normal here.
可别担心 新环境一切"正常"
Your fathers are floating fairies.
你的大爸二爸可是飞天小精灵哦
No, can you call Andre,
不行 你能叫安珠尔
have him paint something a little less gay?
重新画点不那么基情的东西吗
By the way, we need to stop having friends
另外 我们也该少和安珠尔往来
with names like Andre.
他名字也太娘了
-Redheaded dad is angry daddy. -No, I'm not.
-红发老爹怒火旺盛 -我才不是
Yes, you are.
你就是
Even Pepper pointed it out on the way home from the airport.
回来的路上 连胡娇都看出来了
Okay, that's another one-Pepper.
你看 又一个娘气的名字 胡娇
Okay, what's up?
你到底怎么不爽
All right, look. I-
好吧 听着
I-I never told my family we were adopting a baby.
我还没有告诉家里领养孩子的事
-And... -I know.
-而且 -我知道
-You do? -Yeah, and I don't blame you. I know your family.
-你知道 -我不怪你 我了解你家人
You'd tell 'em. They'd say something judgmental.
你一告诉他们 他们就开始说三道四
-Exactly. -You'd get mad.
-就是这样 -然后你就会生气
I know. And then something that's supposed to be nothing but joyful
没错 当爹本该是一件喜事
suddenly turns into this huge fight.
转眼就变成一团混战
And who wants a big, emotional scene like that?
谁愿意让事情变得一团糟呢
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
I'm so-I'm so relieved you understand.
你能理解我 真是让我松了一口气
I invited them over for dinner tonight.
所以我邀请了他们今晚来吃饭
-What? -I had to.
-什么 -我也是不得已
This would have gone on forever. You're an avoider.
这样下去没完没了 你就只会逃避
No. No. No. Cam, I'm calling them right now and canceling.
不 小卡 我现在就打电话取消这件事
No, you're not.
不准打
You're telling your family you adopted a baby, tonight.
今晚你得把领养的事告诉全家人
And you do have avoidance issues. Even Longinus said so.
你就是喜欢逃避 连朗吉娜都这么说
Are-Are you really not hearing these names?
你自己听听 这些名字有多娘