今天又看了一遍狮子王,还是被其亲情,爱情和信念的力量所感染。里面的很多对话都很地道,这次还做了一些笔记。
impeccable time 来的真是时候
Must've slipped my mind 我八成是忘了
i feel simply awful我觉得好害怕呀
i shall practice my curtsy我该学学我的礼节啦
Temper,temper。冷静冷静
I wouldn't dream of challenge you我哪儿 像大王您挑战呢
got the lion's share
brute strength 蛮力
I'm up, i'm up我醒了,我醒了
阳光所照到的一切,都是我们的国土 一个国王的统治,就跟太阳的起落是相同的 总有一天 太阳会跟我一样慢慢下沉 并且在你当国王的时候 一同上升
Everything the light touches is our kingdom A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun
One day, the sun will set on my time here and will rise with you as the new king
shadowy place
tha's beyond our bordors 那在我们的国度之外
There's more to being king than getting your way all the time 国王也不能凡事随心所欲
in a delicate balance微妙的平衡关系
the leaping antelope跳跃的羚羊 crocodile鳄鱼 , buffalo野牛, 土狼Hyenas,
we haven't paid the hornbills, and the vultures have a hunch 我们没去看犀鸟,而秃鹰有第六感
Give you the long and short 大事小事不漏掉
让个老手示范给你看看
离地面低一点
Not a sound 别出声 one more step 向前一步?应该要有语境吧
Take sb home 把。。带回家
I never get to go anywhere 什么地方都不准我去
Then you can chase those slobbering, mangy stupid poachers from dawn until dusk 然后你就可以赶走那些留着口水的卑鄙愚蠢的偷猎者
I’m kind of in the middle of a bath我正在洗澡呢
you're messing up my male 妈, 你把我的毛弄乱拉
请原谅我没有高兴的跳起来,我的背不好
I am only looking out for the well-being of my favorith nephew我只是为我最喜欢的侄子着想啊
ALL the more reason for me to be protective 所以我才更要保护你
一个年轻的王子不适合到大象墓园里去 An elepghant graveyard is no place for a young prince 感受介词和中英语序
你一直是这么样聪明 you being so clever and all
it's all right with me 我是没什么意见
what's great about the....有什么
how are we gonna ditch the dodo?我们该怎么败退那个笨蛋啊
step lively,走快一点
little seeds of romance blossoming in the savanna 浪漫的种子在造园上开花
sb be thrilled ...谁会高兴的
betrothed, intended,affianced. 已婚者,未婚妻,订婚者
Sorry to bust your bubble...很抱歉破坏你们的美梦
I am afraid you're shaping up to be...a pretty pathetic king indeed. 恐怕你以后会变成一个相当悲惨的国王
我看才不会呢 Not the way i see it
I'm gonna be the main event like no king was before
I'm brushing up on looking down I'm working on my hair 我整装打扮,俯视众生,我练习吼声
Free to run around all day, free to do it all my way 每天自由自在到处跑,随心所欲做事情
The child is getting wildly out of wing 这小孩心比天高
我都是万众瞩目的中心I'm standing in the spotlight
But I pulled it off 但是我执行的啊
It's really creepy这里阴森森的
who are you calling upid -stay?你叫谁傻瓜
what's the hurry? We'd love you to stick around for dinner 急什么?我们很乐意你留下来当晚餐
i'm very disappointed in you
cause nobody messes with your dad 因为没人有胆子和你爸爸乱来
你故意违抗我的命令 you deliberately disobeyed me 你故意违抗我的命令
will you knock it off?你们能不能住手? well, he started it 是他先动手的
If it weren't for those lions, we'd be running the joint 如果不是那些狮子,这些地方早就是我们的了
so pushym hairy, and stinky。 那么盛气凌人, 粗鲁,而且又臭
we were afraid it was somebody important 我们还以为是什么大人物呢
Tell me about it .I just hear that name, and I shudder 给我讲讲,光听他的名字我就会发抖
oh, it tinges me 真过瘾
He's not king, but he's still so proper 他不是国王,但他还是那么有威严
old buddy, old pal?老伙伴,老朋友
I practically gift-wrapped those cubs for you 我只是特别把它作为狮子的礼物包装送来给你们, and you couldn't even dispose of them而你们连他们也干不掉
thick as you are, it's clear from your vacant expressions,...虽然你们笨, 但你们愚蠢的脑瓜也会明白
Be prepare for sensational news 为轰动性的新闻做好准备
A shiny new era is tiptoeing nearer 一个新的时代他要悄悄到来
And where do we feature ?那我们能做点什么呢?
正义得到伸张之是,快准备 And injustice deliciously squared , be prepared
Of course, quid pro , you're expected to take certain duties on board.当然,代价是,你们要履行一些职责
The future is littered with prizes, and though I 'm the main addressee 看来未来是充满奖赏的,虽然 我是主要的获利者, The point that I must emphasize is you won't get a sniff without me 但是我必须强调的一点是,没有我 你们什么也得不到
Meticulous planning Tenacity spanning decades of denial 精心计划,顽强中包含着数十年的忍耐