唐顿庄园第1季第2集台词
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Here we are, ma'am, Crawley House. | 我们到了夫人卡劳利公馆 |
For good or ill. | 好歹来了 |
I still don't see why I couldn't just refuse it. | 我还是不明白为什么我不能直接推辞 |
There's no mechanism for you to do so. | 你无法这么做 |
You will be an earl. You will inherit the estate. | 你将成为伯爵并继承庄园 |
Of course, you can throw it away when you have it. | 当然继承之后你想败家弃位也行 |
That's up to you. | 这都取决于你 |
Can I help? | 有事吗 |
I'm Molesley, sir, | 我是莫斯利先生 |
your butler and valet. | 您的管家兼贴身侍从 |
Mr Molesley, I'm afraid... | 莫斯利先生恐怕... |
May I introduce ourselves? | 我谨自我介绍一下 |
I am Mrs Crawley | 我是卡劳利夫人 |
and this is my son, Mr Matthew Crawley. | 这是我儿子马修·卡劳利先生 |
I'll just give Mr Taylor a hand with the cases. | 我先去帮泰勒先生搬行李 |
- I can... - Thank you, Molesley. | -我能...-谢谢你莫斯利 |
I won't let them change me. | 我不会让他们改变我的 |
Why would they want to? | 为什么他们会改变你 |
Mother, Lord Grantham has made the unwelcome discovery | 妈妈格兰瑟姆伯爵不幸发现 |
that his heir is a middle-class lawyer | 他的继承人是一名中产阶级律师 |
and the son of a middle-class doctor. | 是一名中产阶级的医生的儿子 |
Upper middle class. | 是中上阶级 |
He wants to limit the damage | 为了补偏救弊 |
by turning me into one of his own kind. | 他定会把我改造成他的同类 |
查看完整请点击 | |
When you met him in London, you liked him. | 你在伦敦见他时还挺喜欢他的 |
I simply do not understand why we are rushing into this. | 我只是不知道为何如此匆忙 |
Matthew Crawley is my heir. | 马修·卡劳利是我的继承人 |
Patrick was your heir, he never lived here. | 帕特里克也是他可从没在这里住过 |
Patrick was in and out of this house since the day he was born. | 帕特里克从小就在这宅子里进进出出 |
You saw how many of the village turned out for the service. | 你也看到了追思会那天村里来了多少人 |
But nothing's settled yet. | 一切尚未确定 |
It is settled, my dearest one, whether you like it or not. | 板上钉钉亲爱的不管你喜不喜欢 |
I wouldn't say that. | 我看不见得 |
Not while your mother breathes air. | 老夫人只要尚有余息绝不会善罢甘休 |
Oh, Ellen. | 艾伦 |
This is much better than I thought it would be. | 这比我想象的好太多了 |
You have done well. | 你打点得真不错 |
Thank you, ma'am. | 谢谢您夫人 |
Would you like this in here, ma'am, or taken up to your room? | 夫人提包是放在这儿还是拿到您屋内 |
In here, thank you. | 放这儿吧谢谢 |
So, are you the whole of our new household? | 我们的新侍从就你一个人吗 |
There's a local girl, ma'am, Beth. | 还有一位本地姑娘夫人名叫贝丝 |
She's to double under-housemaid and kitchen maid. | 她是杂物兼厨房女仆 |
- This is ridiculous. - Thank you very much, Molesley. | -太荒谬了-非常感谢莫斯利 |
- Might we have some tea? - Very good, ma'am. | -能给我们上点茶吗-当然夫人 |
- Well, he can go right now. - Why? | -他现在就可以走了-为什么 |
Because we do not need a butler | 因为我们不需要什么管家 |
or a valet, if it comes to that. | 或是贴身侍从若非如此的话 |
We've always managed perfectly well | 我们向来只有一名厨子和一位女仆 |
with a cook and a maid, and they cannot expect us | 不也过得很好他们不能指望我们 |
- to alter our... - What they expect, Matthew, | -改变自我-马修他们指望的 |
is that we won't know how to behave. | 是我们不知道如何举止得体 |
So if you don't mind, | 所以如果你不介意 |
I would rather not confirm their expectations. | 我宁愿不要让他们的期望得逞 |
I have to be myself, Mother. | 我得做我自己妈妈 |
I'll be no use to anyone if I can't be myself. | 否则我将一无是处 |
And before they or you get any ideas, | 在你或是他们擅作主张之前我有言在先 |
I will choose my own wife. | 婚姻大事我要自己做主 |
What on earth do you mean? | 你这话到底是什么意思 |
Well, they're clearly going to push one of the daughters at me. | 显而易见他们定要把一位女儿强嫁给我 |
They'll have fixed on that when they heard I was a bachelor. | 要是听说我还单身他们就会确定婚事 |
Lady Mary Crawley. | 玛丽·卡劳利小姐到 |
I do hope I'm not interrupting. | 希望我没打扰到你们 |
- Lady Mary... - Cousin Mary, please. | -玛丽小姐-叫玛丽表亲就好 |
Mama has sent me down to welcome you | 妈妈命我来欢迎你们 |
and to ask you to dine with us tonight. | 并邀请你们与我们共进晚餐 |
Unless you're too tired. | 除非你们舟车劳顿 |
We would be delighted. | 我们乐意前往 |
Good. Come at 8:00. | 那好今晚八点见 |
Won't you stay and have some tea? | 你不留下喝杯茶吗 |
Oh, no, you're far too busy. And I wouldn't want to push in. | 不了你们这么忙我又怎敢"强"留 |
Lynch, I think we'll go back by the South Lodge. | 林奇咱们从南屋那边回去吧 |
Very good, my lady. | 是小姐 |
Lady Mary, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. | 玛丽小姐我希望你别误会 |
I was only joking. | 我只是在开玩笑 |
Of course. And I agree. | 当然我也赞同 |
The whole thing is a complete joke. | 这整件事就是个天大的笑话 |
So what do you think we'll make of them? | 你说他们会是什么样的人 |
I shouldn't think much. She hasn't even got a lady's maid. | 好不到哪去她连贴身女仆都没有 |
It's not a capital offence. | 又不是什么大忌 |
She's got a maid, her name's Ellen. | 她有个女仆名叫艾伦 |
- She came a day earlier. - She's not a lady's maid. | -她提前一天到的-她又不是贴身女仆 |
She's just a housemaid that | 就是个持家女仆 |
fastens hooks and buttons when she has to. | 招之即来缝缝补补 |
- There's more to it than that, you know. - Daisy! | -贴身女仆可比这讲究多了-黛西 |
查看完整请点击 | |
We'll want some very precise reporting when dinner's over. | 晚饭后你再跟我们细说 |
Are we to treat him as the heir? | 我们要当他是继承人来服侍吗 |
Are we heck as like. | 当他是就怪了 |
A doctor's son from Manchester? | 就曼彻斯特一个医生的儿子 |
He'll be lucky if he gets a civil word out of me. | 我要是给他好脸色就算他走运了 |
We're all lucky if we get a civil word out of you. | 你给我们谁好脸色我们都感觉挺幸运的 |
Gwen, parcel for you. Came by the evening post. | 格温你的邮包晚班邮差送来的 |
Thank you, Mr Carson. | 谢谢您卡森管家 |
William. | 威廉 |
Have you seen them yet, Mr Carson? | 您见过他们了吗卡森管家 |
By "them" I assume you mean the new family, | 我想你说的是新来的那家 |
in which case, no. | 还没见过 |
I have that pleasure to look forward to this evening. | 我有幸期待今晚得以一见 |
Daisy, did you hear me call or have you gone selectively deaf? | 黛西你是没听见还是选择性耳聋 |
No, Mrs Patmore. | 没有帕特莫太太 |
Then might I remind you we | 那我是不是该提醒你 |
are preparing dinner for your future employer. | 今晚我们可是为你未来主子准备晚宴 |
And if it goes wrong, I'll be telling them why. | 如果出了差错我可不会替你背黑锅 |
Why are they here at all when you're going to undo it? | 你不是要撤销吗怎么他们还是来了 |
Your father's not convinced it can be undone. | 你父亲不确定能够撤销 |
But you'll still try. | 但你还会争取 |
Granny and I are willing to try. | 奶奶和我都会的 |
And Papa is not? | 可爸爸不会 |
We'll bring him round, you'll see. | 我们会说服他的 |
We're trying to find a lawyer who'll take in on. | 我们正打算找律师负责此事 |
So what are they like? | 他们是什么样的人 |
She's nice enough, but he's... very full of himself. | 她人挺好的但他...很是妄自尊大 |
- Why do you say that? - Just an impression. | -何出此言-印象而已 |
Let's go down and you can decide for yourself. | 咱们下楼吧您自可论断 |
Hello again. | 又见面了 |
It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Mrs Crawley. | 很高兴终于见到你了卡劳利夫人 |
We're delighted to be here, aren't we, Matthew? | 我们很荣幸光临贵府对吧马修 |
Delighted. | 很荣幸 |
Welcome to Downton. | 欢迎来到唐顿 |
Thank you. You've been so kind. | 谢谢您真是太好了 |
What a reception committee. | 好隆重的迎接队伍 |
Yes, thank you. | 是啊谢谢 |
This is Carson. We'd all be lost without him. | 这位是卡森万事打点都少不了他 |
Mama, may I present Matthew Crawley and Mrs Crawley. | 妈妈请允许我介绍马修和卡劳利夫人 |
My mother, Lady Grantham. | 我母亲格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人 |
What should we call each other? | 你我该如何互相称呼 |
Well, we could always start with Mrs Crawley and Lady Grantham. | 可以叫卡劳利太太和格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人 |
Come into the drawing room | 来客厅吧 |
and we can make all the proper introductions. | 我们可以彼此正式介绍 |
Do you think you'll enjoy village life? | 不知两位乡村生活是否过得习惯 |
It'll be very quiet after life in the city. | 过惯了城市生活会觉得闲适很多吧 |
Even Manchester. | 即使跟曼彻斯特比 |
I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy. | 我总会找到些事情做的 |
You might like the hospital. | 也许医院合您的意 |
What sort of hospital is it? How many beds? | 哪种医院规模如何 |
Well, it isn't really a hospital. | 那儿可称不上是医院 |
Don't let Dr Clarkson hear you. | 别让克拉克森医生听见您这么说 |
He thinks it's second only to St Thomas'. | 他认为那里仅次于圣托马斯医院 |
It's a college hospital, of course, but quite well equipped. | 虽说是所学校附属医院可设备相当齐全 |
Who pays for it? | 资金从哪里筹集 |
Oh, good, let's talk about money. | 这可好终于要提钱了 |
My father gave the building and an endowment to run it. | 我父亲提供了场所并出资运营 |
In a way, he set up his own memorial. | 他其实是给自己树碑立传 |
But how splendid. | 这种方式可谓高尚 |
And Mr Lloyd George's new insurance measures will help. | 洛依德·乔治先生的保险新政也会有所帮助 |
Please don't speak that man's name. We are about to eat. | 千万别提那人影响食欲 |
I will hold it steady and you can help yourself, sir. | 我会托住盘子您可随便取用先生 |
Yes, I know. Thank you. | 当然我知道谢谢 |
You'll soon get used to the way things are done here. | 你很快会习惯这里的生活方式 |
If you mean that I'm accustomed to | 如果你想说这与我平日生活 |
a very different life from this, | 有天壤之别 |
then that is true. | 诚然如此 |
What will you do with your time? | 你打算如何消磨时光 |
I've got a job in Ripon, and I've said I'll start tomorrow. | 我在里彭找了工作明天就开始上班 |
A job? | 你找了工作 |
In a partnership. You might have heard of it. | 一家合伙人制律所你们也许听过 |
Harvell and Carter. | 哈维-卡特事务所 |
They need someone | 他们正需要一个 |
who understands industrial law, I'm glad to say. | 懂工业法的人 |
Although I'm afraid most of it will be | 虽然恐怕大部分业务 |
wills and conveyancing. | 还是遗产分配和产权转让 |
You do know I mean | 你该知道我打算 |
to involve you in the running of the estate? | 让你参与管理庄园吧 |
Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of hours in the day. | 不用担心空闲时间很多 |
And of course I'll have the weekend. | 当然还有周末 |
We'll discuss this later, we mustn't bore the ladies. | 迟些再谈吧别让女士们觉得乏味 |
What is a weekend? | 什么是周末 |
Why shouldn't he be a lawyer? | 当律师有什么不好 |
Gentlemen don't work, silly. | 绅士不会去工作傻丫头 |
Not real gentlemen. | 他不是真正的绅士 |
Don't listen to her, Daisy. | 别听她的黛西 |
No! Listen to me, and take those kidneys up to the server | 还是听我的吧快把那盘腰花端过去 |
before I knock you down and serve your brains as fritters! | 要不我只能把你敲晕了用脑仁做煎饼 |
Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 是的帕特莫太太 |
Wonder what that Mr Molesley makes of them. | 不知莫斯利先生对他们怎么看 |
Poor old Molesley. | 可怜的老莫斯利 |
I pity the man who's taken that job. | 得到这苦差事真让人同情 |
Then why did you apply for it? | 那你当初为什么申请 |
I felt it might help me to get away from you, Mr Bates. | 为了避开你贝茨先生 |
I'm so interested to see the hospital. | 我对那所医院很有兴趣 |
Ooh. Well, you would be, with your late husband a doctor. | 可不是嘛您先生以前就是位医生 |
Not just my husband. | 不只我丈夫 |
My father and brother, too. | 我的父亲和哥哥也是 |
And I trained as a nurse during the war. | 大战时我也当过护士 |
Oh, fancy. | 真厉害 |
I'd love to be involved in some way. | 我非常愿意参与其中 |
Well, you could always | 下个月的义卖会 |
help with the bring-and-buy sale next month. | 你倒是能帮上些忙 |
That would be most appreciated. | 我们会非常感激的 |
She's a match for the old lady, | 她跟老太太真是棋逢对手 |
she wasn't going to give in. | 她不会轻易让步的 |
What old lady are you referring to, Thomas? | 你说的是哪位老太太托马斯 |
You cannot mean her ladyship, the Dowager Countess. | 不会是老伯爵夫人吧 |
Not if you wish to remain in this house. | 如果你还打算在这里干下去 |
No, Mr Carson. | 不是卡森先生 |
William! | 威廉 |
Are you aware the seam at your shoulder is coming apart? | 注意到你的肩膀处开线了吗 |
I felt it go a bit earlier on. I'll mend it when we turn in. | 我之前发现了打算睡前缝上 |
You will mend it now | 现在就缝好 |
and you will never again appear in public | 以后绝不许再出现类似 |
in a similar state of undress. | 衣衫不整的情况 |
No, Mr Carson. | 是的卡森先生 |
To progress in your chosen career, | 想要在这个职位上有所进步 |
William, you must remember that a good servant, | 威廉你必须记住一个称职的仆人 |
at all times, retains a sense of pride and dignity | 必须时刻将荣耀和尊严铭记于心 |
that reflects the pride and dignity of the family he serves. | 因为这体现了主家的荣耀和尊严 |
And never make me remind you of it again. | 只此一次下不为例 |
I'll do it. | 我来缝吧 |
And cheer up, we've all had a smack from Mr Carson. | 别在意谁没挨过卡森先生骂呢 |
You'll be the butler yourself one day, | 总有一天你会成为管家 |
then you'll do the smacking. | 到时候你就可以去教训别人了 |
I could never be like him. | 我可不会像他那样 |
I bet he comes from a line | 我打赌他家 |
of butlers that goes back to the Conqueror. | 祖祖辈辈都是给人做管家的 |
He learned his business | 这是他从业多年的积累 |
and so will you. | 你早晚也会学到的 |
Even Mr Carson wasn't born standing to attention. | 卡森先生也非生来就是谨言慎行 |
I hope not for his mother's sake. | 否则可够他母亲受的 |
This was at the back door. | 这封信从后门送进来的 |
Thank you, William. | 谢谢威廉 |
It's kind of you to take an interest. | 您对医疗事业真是有心了 |
I'm afraid it's a case of the warhorse and the drum. | 这就像战马闻鼓声那种兴奋 |
You know my late husband was a doctor. | 您要知道先夫也是医生 |
I do. I'm familiar with Dr Crawley's | 卡劳利医生在 |
work on the symptoms of infection in children. | 儿童传染病症方面的工作我曾反复拜读 |
Oh. Even I studied nursing during the South African War. | 英布战争中我本人也学过护理 |
Really? | 真的 |
Very distressing. Young farmer, John Drake. | 真让人痛心年轻的农夫约翰·德雷克 |
A tenant of Lord Grantham's. He came in today. | 伯爵的佃户今天来就诊的 |
It's dropsy, I'm afraid. | 恐怕是积水 |
- May I see him?- Yeah. By all means. | -能让我看看吗-当然请便 |
Is the dropsy of the liver or the heart? | 是肝脏还是心脏 |
Everything points to the heart. | 从各种症状来看是心脏 |
All right, Mr Drake, you're in safe hands now. | 别担心德雷克先生你会没事的 |
What will happen to his wife? | 他妻子该怎么办 |
She may try to keep the farm on. | 她大概会努力让农场维持下去 |
Grantham is not a harsh landlord, | 伯爵对佃户向来宽厚 |
but her children are young. | 可毕竟她家孩子还小 |
What can I do to help? | 我能帮上忙吗 |
If I'm to live in this village, I must have an occupation. | 如果我要在这儿住下总得有些事做 |
Please. Let me be useful. | 请让我尽点力吧 |
He chooses his clothes himself. | 他亲自挑选衣服 |
He puts them out at night and hangs the ones he's worn. | 晚上取出来摆好穿过的就挂在这儿 |
I get to take the linen down to the laundry. | 我负责把衣物送洗 |
But that's about all. | 差不多就这一件事 |
That's all? | 就这样 |
"I'll do this", he says, | "我自己来"他总是说 |
"I'll take the other". "I'll tie that". | "我要拿另一件""我来系那个" |
And I'm just stood there like a chump | 而我就像个笨蛋一样站在那儿 |
watching a man get dressed. | 看着他自己穿戴 |
To be honest, Mr Bates, I don't see the point of it. | 老实说贝茨先生我不懂这有何意义 |
I thought you didn't like him. | 我看您不大喜欢他 |
Well, so what? | 那又怎样 |
I have plenty of friends I don't like. | 我不喜欢的人多了可还得逢场作戏 |
Would you want Mary to marry one of them? | 但您没打算让玛丽嫁给她们 |
Why do you always have | 为什么每次 |
to pretend to be nicer than the rest of us? | 你都要装好人 |
Perhaps I am. | 也许我本就如此 |
Then pity your wife, | 那就可怜可怜你妻子吧 |
whose fortune must go to this odd young man, | 她的财产都得扔给这个古怪的年轻人 |
who talks about "weekends" and "jobs". | 说着什么周末什么工作的 |
If Mary were to marry him then all would be resolved. | 如果玛丽嫁给他一切问题迎刃而解 |
What've you got there? | 看什么呢 |
Nothing. | 没什么 |
What kind of nothing? | 没什么是什么 |
You haven't got an admirer? | 不会是有人向你表白吧 |
I might have. Why shouldn't I? | 也许有呢我就不能有吗 |
Don't tell Mrs. Hughes | 可别让休斯太太听见 |
or she'll bring the vicar round to have you exorcised. | 要么她得找牧师给你驱鬼 |
How are we supposed to find husbands | 她不让我们见男人 |
if we're never allowed to see any men? | 那还怎么找丈夫 |
Perhaps she thinks the stork brings them. | 等喜鹊搭桥送来呗 |
Lady Mary's in for a surprise. | 玛丽小姐要大吃一惊了 |
Thomas was in the library | 托马斯说他在图书馆里 |
when old Violet came in from the garden. | 听见老巫婆从花园进来 |
Seems they want to fix her up with Mr. Crawley. | 说要帮她和卡劳利先生牵线呢 |
Well, it makes sense. She was going to marry Mr. Patrick. | 这说得通她原本就要嫁给帕特里克少爷的 |
Would she have, though, | 时候到了 |
when it came to it? That's the question. | 她真的会嫁给他吗这才是问题所在 |
There you are, dear. | 孩子你可回来了 |
I was hoping you'd be home in time. | 我就怕你错过 |
In time for what? | 错过什么 |
I've been paid the compliment of a visit. | 有贵客上门拜访 |
- Hello. - Good afternoon, cousin Matthew. | -两位好-马修表亲下午好 |
Afternoon. | 好 |
We were just saying how charming this room is now. | 我们正说呢这房间现在真漂亮 |
It always seemed rather dark | 是啊我婆婆生前住时 |
when my mother-in-law lived here. | 这儿总乌糟糟的 |
But then she made everything rather dark. | 不过话说回来她能让所有事物都乌糟糟的 |
- Sir. - No, thank you. | -先生请用-不了谢谢 |
- A cup of tea, sir? - It's all right. I'll help myself. | -喝茶吗先生-没事我自己来 |
So, Molesley, how do you find being home again? | 莫斯利重回故地感觉怎样 |
- Your father must be glad you're back. - He is, Your Ladyship. | -你父亲很为你高兴吧-是的夫人 |
Might I give you this cup? | 帮我拿着吧 |
I'm afraid we must be going. | 我们得告辞了 |
- Thank you. - You'll think about it? | -谢谢-考虑一下吧 |
I thought no one was here. | 没想到这有人 |
Can I help, Mr. Carson? | 要我帮忙吗卡森先生 |
No. No, thank you, Anna. | 不了谢谢你安娜 |
May I? | 我听一下 |
I must compliment you, Mrs. Crawley. | 我必须要称赞你卡劳利夫人 |
When you made your offer, | 刚才您自荐时 |
I thought you might be a "great lady nurse" | 我以为您是要来装装样子 |
and faint at the sight of blood. | 见血就要晕了 |
But I see you're made of sterner stuff. | 没想到您训练有素 |
It's definitely the heart. | 肯定是心包积水 |
It's almost too quiet to hear at all. | 心跳无力基本听不到 |
I'm afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
I've been thinking about the treatments that are available. | 我在琢磨可行疗法 |
Considerable success have been achieved over the last few years | 过去几年里许多医生成功地通过用针筒 |
by draining the pericardial sac of the excess fluid | 抽出心包积水并注入肾上腺素的方法 |
and administering adrenaline. | 治愈了病人 |
Mrs. Crawley, I appreciate your thoroughness. | 卡劳利夫人感谢您的周全考虑 |
But you're unwilling to try it? | 但你不愿尝试吗 |
Injection of adrenaline is a comparatively new procedure. | 注射肾上腺素的疗法是比较新的医疗手段 |
It's a while ago now, | 尽管有一段时间了 |
but I saw my husband do it. I know how. | 但我观摩过我丈夫医治过现在还记得 |
Please, Mrs. Crawley, don't force me to be uncivil. | 卡劳利夫人请不要让我为难 |
We would be setting an impossible precedent | 一旦有此先例 |
when every villager could demand the latest fad in treatment | 村民佃户们一有点头疼脑热 |
for each new cut and graze. | 就都跑来要新疗法了 |
I would remind you that | 恕我直言 |
we're not talking of a cut or a graze, | 这可不是头疼脑热 |
but the loss of a man's life and the ruin of his family. | 病人一旦不治这个家就毁了 |
Of course. But I beg you to see that it is not reasonable. | 您说得没错但这实在不可行 |
I'm sorry but I have standards. | 我可是有原则的 |
I've just seen something ever so odd. | 今天有件怪事 |
And if anyone thinks I'm going to pull my forelock and curtsey | 不是谁都受得起我伺候的 |
to this mr Nobody from Nowhere... | 尤其是这位不速之客 |
O'Brien! | 奥布瑞恩 |
Were you discussing Mr. Crawley? | 你说的是卡劳利先生吗 |
Yes, my lady. | 是的夫人 |
Is it your place to do so? | 这话轮得到你说吗 |
I've got my opinions, my lady, same as anybody. | 我跟别人一样有自己的见解夫人 |
Can I help, Your Ladyship? | 有事吩咐吗夫人 |
This is the button we're missing from my new evening coat. | 这是我新晚礼服掉的扣子 |
I found it lying on the gravel. | 我在碎石路上找到的 |
But I was shocked at the talk I heard as I came in. | 可进来时我听到些话很震惊 |
Mr. Crawley is His Lordship's cousin and heir. | 卡劳利是老爷的表亲也是继承人 |
You will therefore, please, | 因此请你要 |
accord him the respect he's entitled to. | 给予他应有的尊重 |
But you don't like him yourself, my lady. | 但夫人您也看不上他 |
You never wanted him to... | 您没想让他 |
You're sailing perilously close to the wind, O'Brien. | 你真是太过分了奥布瑞恩 |
If we're to be friends, you will not speak in that way again | 如果我们要继续做朋友你就别乱嚼舌根子 |
about the Crawleys or any member of Lord Grantham's family. | 少议论他们母子和其他家族成员 |
Now I'm going up to rest. Wake me at the dressing gown. | 我上楼休息了更衣时叫醒我 |
I don't think that's fair, not here in the servant's hall. | 这样不公平至少在仆人大堂不该这样 |
I agree. | 没错 |
If she was a real lady, she wouldn't have come down here. | 她要是真高贵就不会屈尊下楼 |
She'd have rung for me and given me the button, that's all. | 摇铃叫我去拿纽扣不就行了 |
This isn't her territory. We can say what we like down here. | 这不是她的地盘我们说什么她管不着 |
Who says? | 谁说的 |
The law. And Parliament. | 法律说的国会说的 |
There is such a thing as free speech. | 大英公民言论自由 |
Not when I'm in charge. | 我管事这就不允许 |
Don't push your luck, Thomas. | 收敛点托马斯 |
Now, tea's over. Back to work. You'd better take this. | 茶话结束都去干活你拿着这个 |
Friends. | 朋友 |
Who does she think she's fooling? We're not friends. | 糊弄谁呢我们才不是朋友 |
- No? - No. | -不是吗-当然不是 |
And you're not friends with the girls neither. | 小姐们也没把你当朋友 |
We're servants, you and me. | 我们只是下人 |
And they pay us to do as we're told, that's all. | 领工钱伺候主子再没别的 |
- May I... - I can manage. | -能让我...-我能行 |
Now where have I put my cuff links? | 我那对袖扣呢 |
- I thought these would make a change. - I want my usual ones. | -我寻思帮您换对试试-就要平常那对 |
I know I'm a disappointment to you, Molesley. | 莫斯利你很失望吧 |
But it's no good. | 但这样行不通 |
I'll never get used to being dressed like a doll. | 我不会像玩偶一样任你打扮的 |
- Only trying to help, sir. - Of course. | -我只想帮您-当然 |
And if I've offended you, I apologise. | 若有冒犯请见谅 |
Surely you have better things to do. | 你敢肯定你还有更好的事要做 |
This is my job, sir. | 可我就是干这个的先生 |
Well. It seems a very silly occupation for a grown man. | 你个男子汉做这工作有点可笑 |
Look, I'm sorry if I'm... | 抱歉我... |
I'm sorry. | 对不起 |
Why are you so against him? | 你怎么这么讨厌他 |
Aside from the fact he's planning to steal our inheritance? | 除了因为他要抢我们的遗产吗 |
Your inheritance. | 是你的遗产 |
It makes no difference to Sybil and me. | 跟茜玻和我没有关系 |
We won't inherit, whatever happens. | 反正遗产没我们的份 |
He isn't one of us. | 他不上档次 |
Cousin Freddie's studying for the bar, | 弗雷迪堂哥也学法律 |
and so is Vivian MacDonald. | 维安·麦克唐纳也是 |
At Lincoln's Inn. | 他们上的可是林肯律师院 |
Not sitting at a dirty little desk in Ripon. | 不是在什么里彭的破烂事务所工作 |
Besides, his father was a doctor. | 再说他父亲不过一个医生 |
There's nothing wrong with doctors. We all need doctors. | 医生有什么不好谁不生病呢 |
We all need crossing sweepers and draymen, too. | 我们也需要清道夫和马车夫 |
It doesn't mean we have to dine with them. | 并不意味着我们必须与之共餐 |
Whom don't we have to dine with? | 我们没必要与谁共餐 |
Mary doesn't care for Cousin Matthew. | 玛丽不太喜欢马修表亲 |
Sybil, be a dear | 茜玻乖女儿 |
and fetch my black evening shawl. | 去把我的黑色晚披肩拿过来 |
O'Brien knows which one. | 奥布瑞恩知道是哪条 |
And, Edith, can you see that the drawing room's ready? | 伊迪丝去看看客厅布置好没有 |
I'm glad to catch you alone. | 很高兴逮到你独自一人的时候 |
- You've driven the others away. - Oh, perhaps I have. | -是你把他们赶走了-也许是吧 |
Pretty. | 真漂亮 |
The point is, my dear, | 我想说亲爱的 |
I don't want you, any of you, | 我不希望你你们中的任何一个 |
to feel you have to dislike Matthew. | 对马修感到反感 |
- You disliked the idea of him. - That was before he came. | -反感他的可是你-那是见到他之前 |
Now he's here, I don't see any future in it. | 现在他来了再挣扎也是无用 |
Not the way things are. | 早已时过境迁 |
I don't believe a woman can be forced to give away all her money | 我不相信一个女人能被迫将她所有积蓄 |
to a distant cousin of her husband's. | 交给她丈夫的远房亲戚 |
Not in the 20th century. It's too ludicrous for words. | 现在是二十世纪了简直荒谬之极 |
It's not as simple as that. | 不是你想的那么简单 |
The money isn't mine any more. | 这些积蓄已经不属于我了 |
It forms a part of the estate. | 它早已成为家业的一部分 |
Even so, when a judge hears... | 即使这样当法官听说 |
For once in your life, will you please just listen! | 请你听我说好吗哪怕这辈子就这么一次 |
I believe there's an answer | 我相信现在有办法 |
which would secure your future and give you a position. | 确保你的未来给你应得的地位 |
You can't be serious. | 你不是说笑吧 |
Just think about it. | 仔细想一想 |
I don't have to think about it. | 我无须细想 |
Marry a man who can barely hold his knife like a gentleman? | 嫁给一个连刀叉都拿不得体的男人 |
Oh, you exaggerate. | 你说得太夸张了 |
You're American, you don't understand these things. | 你是美国人这种事你不会了解的 |
Have you mentioned this to Granny? Did she laugh? | 你把这事告诉奶奶了吗她笑了吗 |
Why would she? It was her idea. | 她为什么要笑这是她的主意 |
Have you been able to explore the village? | 你们有没有抽空去乡下逛一逛 |
Indeed I have. | 我自然去过 |
And I thought the hospital | 我认为那所医院 |
a great credit to your father's memory. | 是对您先父的伟大赞颂 |
But I'm afraid the good doctor and I did not see eye to eye. | 不过那位医生倒是与我意见相左 |
Oh, you amaze me! | 真没想到 |
He's treating one of your tenants, John Drake, for dropsy, | 他正在为您的一位佃农约翰·德雷克治疗积水 |
but seems reluctant to embrace some of the newer treatments. | 但似乎不太愿意接受一些新的治疗方法 |
Oh, Drake is a good man and far too young to die, | 德雷克是个好人着实不该英年早逝 |
but I suppose the doctor knows his business. | 但我认为医生自有主张 |
Not as well as Mrs Crawley, apparently. | 他显然没有卡劳利夫人懂得多 |
By the way, if ever you want to ride, | 对了如果你们想骑马 |
just let Lynch know and he'll sort it out for you. | 请告知林奇他会安排一切 |
Oh, Papa, Cousin Matthew doesn't ride. | 爸爸马修表亲不骑马的 |
I ride. | 我骑 |
And do you hunt? | 那你打猎吗 |
No, I don't hunt. | 不我不打猎 |
I dare say there's not much opportunity in Manchester. | 我敢说曼彻斯特可没什么狩猎的机会 |
Are you a hunting family? | 贵府时常出去狩猎吗 |
Families like ours are always hunting families. | 我们这样的家庭都以狩猎为消遣 |
Not always. | 不一定 |
Billy Skelton won't have them on his land. | 比利·斯凯尔顿不允许他的家人狩猎 |
So all the Skeltons are mad. | 所以说斯凯尔顿家的人都疯疯癫癫的 |
Do you hunt? | 你打猎吗 |
Occasionally. | 偶尔 |
I suppose you're more interested in books than country sports. | 我想比起乡间运动你更喜爱读书吧 |
I probably am. | 可以这么说 |
You'll tell me that's rather unhealthy. | 接下来你要说那无益于健康 |
Not unhealthy. | 不是无益健康 |
Just unusual. Among our kind of people. | 只是不寻常对我们这种身份的人来说 |
I'm changing round the dessert services. | 我在为他们更换甜点 |
We're missing a sugar sifter. I know I put three out. | 我们还缺一个糖筛我记得拿出去三个 |
I was talking to Anna earlier. | 我之前跟安娜聊过 |
Why? What's she been saying? | 干什么她怎么说的 |
- Whatever's the matter? - What did Anna say? | -你怎么了-安娜说了什么 |
Only that she thinks Thomas is bullying William. | 她只是觉得托马斯在欺负威廉 |
Ah. Yeah, she may have a point. I'll keep an eye out. | 是啊她也许是对的我会留心的 |
Here it is. | 找到了 |
I've been studying the story of Andromeda. Do you know it? | 我最近在研究安德洛墨达的故事你听过吗 |
Why? | 为什么 |
Her father was King Cepheus | 她的父亲是克普斯王 |
whose country was being ravaged by storms. | 暴雨即将淹没他的国家 |
And in the end, he decided the only way to appease the gods | 最终他决定用唯一的方法安抚众神 |
was to sacrifice his eldest daughter to a hideous sea monster. | 即牺牲他的长女将其献给骇人的海怪 |
So they chained her naked to a rock... | 于是他们将赤裸的她绑在一块石头上 |
Really, Mary, | 真的吗玛丽 |
we'll all need our smelling salts in a minute. | 一会儿我们得需要嗅盐了 |
But the sea monster didn't get her, did he? | 但是海怪没有得到她是不是 |
No. | 是的 |
Just when it seemed he was the only solution | 就在大家都认为只有他 |
to her father's problems, she was rescued. | 才能消除灾难时她获救了 |
By Perseus. | 珀尔修斯救了她 |
That's right. Perseus. Son of a god. | 没错珀尔修斯神的儿子 |
Rather more fitting, wouldn't you say? | 这才更登对不是吗 |
That depends. | 不见得 |
I'd have to know more about | 我得进一步了解 |
the princess and sea monster in question. | 这位公主和这只海怪才能定论 |
I wish I could dance like that. | 但愿我也能像那样跳舞 |
Like what? | 像哪样 |
Don't you know the Grizzly Bear? | 你不知道灰熊舞吗 |
The Grizzly Bear! As if you do. | 灰熊舞难道你知道 |
Certainly, I do. | 我当然知道 |
Miss O'Brien, shall we show them? | 奥布瑞恩太太我们来演示一下吧 |
Not likely. | 想都别想 |
William, give us a tune. Come on, Daisy. | 威廉给我们伴奏来吧黛西 |
- I can't. - Hands up. | -我不会-举起手 |
Daisy. Daisy! | 黛西黛西 |
Stop that silly nonsense before you put your joints out. | 别干那种蠢事了小心关节扭脱臼 |
See to the range and go to bed. | 去看看炉灶然后上床睡觉 |
Thank you. That was beautiful! | 谢谢你真是太美妙了 |
I'm sorry Mary was rather sharp this evening. | 很抱歉玛丽今晚如此刻薄 |
I doubt Cousin Mary and I are destined to be close friends. | 我与玛丽表亲是否注定成为密友还未可知 |
I don't blame her. | 我不怪她 |
Her father's home and her mother's | 她父亲的家业母亲的财产 |
fortune are to be passed to me. It's very harsh. | 都将由我继承这确实很难接受 |
What would you say | 如果说为玛丽着想 |
if the entail were set aside in Mary's favour? | 驳回这限定继承权你会怎么想呢 |
I should try to accept it | 我会尽可能 |
with as good a grace as I could muster. | 以我最大的气度接受 |
Would you? | 你会吗 |
- Oh. Oh, good evening, Taylor. - Good evening, my lady. | -晚上好泰勒-晚上好夫人 |
Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
I'll say good night, Mr Carson. | 我来道声晚安卡森先生 |
Look at that scratch. | 看看这刮痕 |
I'll have to get that sorted out when they're up in London. | 他们去伦敦的时候我得把刮痕弄掉 |
- You can hardly see it. - Well, I'll know it's there. | -几乎看不见-我知道它在那里 |
Are you all right now? Only you seemed a little upset earlier. | 你现在好点了吗刚才看你有些烦躁 |
Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I'm just... | 是啊我很抱歉我有点 |
I'm a bit tired. | 有点累了 |
And no wonder. Did the dinner go well? | 怪不得呢晚餐进行得顺利吗 |
Oh, well enough. | 还不错 |
Although they won't make a match between them | 不过要是他们想要撮合他们 |
if that's what they're thinking. | 我看是没戏 |
Lady Mary doesn't like him? | 玛丽小姐不喜欢他吗 |
And why should she like the man she's been passed over for? | 她为什么要喜欢夺走她的家产的男人 |
And why has she been? That's what I'd like to know. | 她凭什么不能继承我倒想知道个究竟 |
It's the law. | 这可是法律规定 |
Well, it's a wicked law. | 是奇怪的法律规定 |
Why does Mr Carson let you do that? | 卡森先生为什么让你做这活儿 |
Because my dad was a clockmaker. | 因为我爸曾是个钟表匠 |
Did you really ask him for the job at the Crawleys'? | 你当真向他请求做克劳利家的贴身侍从吗 |
I'm sick of being a footman. | 我当够了男仆 |
I'd rather be a footman than | 我宁愿做个男仆 |
wait on someone who ought to be a footman himself. | 也不愿伺候一个骨子里的下等人 |
But Mr Carson shouldn't have told Bates. | 但是卡森先生不应该告诉贝茨 |
How are things with Lady G? | 格兰夫人怎么样了 |
Same as usual. | 老样子 |
"Yes, my lady. No, my lady. Three bags full." | "夫人夫人你来看三个口袋鼓囊囊"[儿歌《黑羊毛》] |
I'd like to give her three bags full, | 我倒是想把她塞到鼓鼓囊囊的麻袋里 |
preferably on a dark night. | 最好是月黑风高的晚上 |
Will you hand in your notice? | 你会递上辞呈吗 |
And let her ruin me with a nasty reference? Oh, I think not. | 好让她给我提供不好的推荐吗我可不想 |
I don't want to exaggerate. | 我不想夸大其词 |
She's been very generous in many ways. | 毕竟她在诸多方面乐施好善 |
Generous? | 还乐施好善 |
To instruct you in your own practice? | 对你的治疗手段指手画脚吗 |
Well, she may even have a point, | 她也许确有道理 |
but it does not seem to me realistic. | 但在我看来有些不切实际 |
Well. Nor is it. | 可不是吗 |
Put an end to her meddling. | 让她的多管闲事到此为止吧 |
I am your president and I say get rid of her. | 身为董事长我要你把她摆脱掉 |
Will that not be awkward? | 那不会很尴尬吗 |
I gather she's planning to | 我原以为在可预见的将来 |
stay in the village for the foreseeable future. | 她都会长住下来 |
No one can foresee the future, Doctor. | 没有人可以预见未来医生 |
Not you, not I, and certainly not Mrs Crawley. | 你我都不能克劳利夫人当然亦不能 |
You do not love the place yet? | 你还没爱上这地方吧 |
- Well, obviously it's... - No, you don't love it. | -显然它很...-不你还没爱上它 |
You see a million bricks that may crumble, | 你看到宅邸高深摇摇欲坠 |
a thousand gutters and pipes that may block and leak, | 水管年久失修残破不堪 |
and stone that will crack in the frost. | 残垣断壁捱不过酷寒严霜 |
But you don't? | 但您不这么看吧 |
I see my life's work. | 我看到我倾注一生的心血 |
Was it ever in danger? | 从没出过危险吗 |
Many times. | 许多次了 |
My dear Papa thought the balloon would go up | 十九世纪八十年代我亲爱的老父亲 |
in the 1880s. | 以为家业败落大势已去了 |
What saved it? | 什么挽救了它 |
Cora. | 是柯拉 |
Where is everyone? | 其他人呢 |
They've gone down to the village. | 都去村子里了 |
Some travelling salesman's set up at the pub for the afternoon. | 下午有四处云游的商贩在酒馆卖东西 |
Alone at last. | 难得跟你独处 |
We shouldn't be without both footmen. | 两位男仆不该都出门啊 |
Does Mr Carson know? | 卡森先生知道吗 |
Mrs Hughes does. She's gone with them. | 休斯太太知道她一起去了 |
They won't be long. | 他们很快就回来的 |
So, you see to the girls | 那么你要照顾小姐们 |
and you're supposed to be head housemaid. | 你理应是女仆领班 |
You should put in for a raise. | 你应该要求加薪 |
What do you mean, "supposed to be"? | 你什么意思"理应" |
I said they shouldn't have let both footmen go. | 我就说不该让两个男仆都出门 |
Well, you'll have to answer it. | 必须由你去应门 |
Mr Carson wouldn't like a maid answering the front door. | 卡森先生不会让一个女仆去前门迎客的 |
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, sir. | 很抱歉让您久等了先生 |
I'm here to see Lord Grantham. | 我找格兰瑟姆伯爵 |
- Is he expecting you? - No. | -有预约吗-没有 |
But he'll be very interested in what I have to tell him. | 但他会对我要说的事非常感兴趣的 |
His lordship is not at home, but if you will leave your name... | 老爷不在家但如果您能留下姓名 |
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, don't go all high and mighty with me. | 别跟我神气活现的 |
I don't know who you are, but you're certainly not the butler. | 我不知道你是哪位但显然不是管家 |
So don't try and make out you are. | 所以别费事假装了 |
How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
Because Charlie Carson's the butler round here. | 因为查理·卡森才是这里的管家 |
Does your business concern him? | 您的事与他有关吗 |
It might do. | 也许 |
Excuse me for one moment, sir. | 请稍等一会儿先生 |
Fetch Mr Carson as fast as you can. | 去叫卡森先生越快越好 |
Use the front door. | 走前门 |
- If you would like to follow me, sir. - Oh, no. | -请随我来先生-不必 |
If you think you're tucking me away somewhere, | 你要是想打主意把我引走 |
you've got another think coming. | 我可不上当 |
- But you'll be more comfortable, sir. - Sorry, chum. | -但那儿更舒适先生-抱歉了朋友 |
Oh, aye. I'll not mind waiting in here. | 好啊在这里等我倒不会介意 |
Bates. | 贝茨 |
This gentleman is an acquaintance of Mr Carson, my lady. | 这位先生是卡森先生的熟人小姐 |
What is he doing in here? | 那他在这里做什么 |
He says he has urgent business with his lordship. | 他说他找老爷有急事 |
Urgent. | 十万火急 |
I've sent for Mr Carson to come at once. | 我已经立马派人去叫卡森先生了 |
Then I'll stay with you | 那我和你一道留下 |
in case explanations are needed. | 以防事后说不清楚 |
Mr Carson! | 卡森先生 |
You're needed at once in the library. | 你得马上去趟书房 |
How long are you expecting me to wait? | 你还要让我等多久 |
I'm a very busy man, you know. | 我可是很忙的你知道 |
If you could just be patient for a little longer, sir. | 请稍安勿躁先生 |
May I ask who this is and precisely what is going on? | 请问这位是谁到底发生了什么事 |
Mr Bates, what are you... | 贝茨先生你在干什 |
Uh, I'm sorry, your lordship. | 我很抱歉老爷 |
Mr Bates, you may go now. | 贝茨先生你可以走了 |
Please stay where you are. Nobody's going anywhere. | 请待在原地任何人无需离开 |
Do I take it you know this man? | 你认识这个人是这样吗 |
Don't try and deny it. | 别打算遮掩过去 |
No, I won't deny it. | 不我不会否认的 |
I do know him, my lord, | 我确实认识老爷 |
but not what he is doing in the library. | 但是不清楚他在书房有何意图 |
I tried to stick him downstairs, | 我本想让他呆在楼下 |
out of sight, Mr Carson, but he wouldn't come. | 以避人耳目卡森先生但是他不愿意 |
Yes, thank you. That was thoughtful. | 谢谢你想得很周到 |
But who is he? | 但他到底是谁 |
Will you tell him or shall I? | 是你告诉他还是由我来 |
His name is Charles Grigg. | 他的名字是查尔斯·格里格 |
We worked together at one time. | 我们曾经一起共事 |
Oh. I'm a little more than that, aren't I, Charlie? | 我们的交情可不止那么浅不是吗查理 |
- We're like brothers, him and me. - We're not like brothers. | -我们亲如兄弟他和我-我们可不是兄弟 |
We were a double act, on the halls. | 我们是剧院的双人戏表演者 |
You were on the stage? | 你曾经登过台 |
Carson, is this true? | 卡森这是真的吗 |
It is, my lord. | 是真的老爷 |
"The Cheerful Charlies," that's what they called us. | "快乐的查理兄弟"这就是我们的艺名 |
We did quite well, didn't we? | 我们可受欢迎了是吧 |
Until you couldn't keep your hands out of the till. | 那是在你手脚不干净以前 |
Would you like us to go, Mr Carson? | 你想让我们回避吗卡森先生 |
No. You know it now. | 不必了你现在都知道了 |
You might as well bear witness to my shame. | 见证我的丑事也无妨了 |
He turned up in the village | 他几天前突然在 |
with no warning some days ago, on the run, | 村子里露面一路在逃 |
asking for somewhere to hide and, of course, for money. | 寻找一个藏身之处当然还要钱 |
God in heaven. | 我的天呐 |
He is wanted for some | 他因几项盗窃罪 |
petty crime of which he is, of course, guilty. | 被通缉当然他罪有应得 |
Steady on. | 悠着点儿说 |
He threatened to expose my past, | 他威胁要揭露我的过去 |
to make me a laughing stock in this house. | 让我成为庄园的笑柄 |
And in my vanity and pride, I gave him what he wanted. | 碍于我的虚荣与骄傲我满足了他的要求 |
You did not! | 你才没有 |
I put him in an empty cottage | 我把他安排在闲置的村舍 |
and fed him from the kitchens. | 从厨房里给他带去食物 |
I couldn't buy food in the village. | 我不能到村庄上去买 |
It would raise too many questions. | 那会引起大家的怀疑 |
I stole. | 我偷拿 |
I'm a thief. | 我就是个小偷 |
She saw it. | 她都看见了 |
I'd never have said anything... | 我什么都没有说 |
And now my disgrace is complete. | 既然现在我已名誉扫地 |
My lord, you have my resignation. | 老爷我向您递交辞呈 |
Really, Carson, there's no need to be quite so melodramatic. | 卡森没有必要搞得这么戏剧化 |
You're not playing Sydney Carton. | 你又不是在演悉尼·卡尔顿 |
So, why have you come here | 既然他已经都满足了你的要求 |
if he has done everything you asked of him? | 你又何必来此 |
Because he hasn't. | 他并没有 |
He wouldn't give me any money. | 他一分钱都没给我 |
If I had, how could I prevent | 要是我给了他 |
his returning to Downton once it was spent? | 又怎能防止他在钱花光之后再回到唐顿 |
My dear Mr Grigg... | 亲爱的格里格先生 |
Oh, nice to see someone round here's got some manners. | 很高兴在这见到这么有礼貌的人 |
Hold your tongue! | 闭嘴 |
I'll tell you what is going to happen. | 我来告诉你这事怎么解决 |
When I have given you 20 pound, | 我会给你20英镑 |
you will leave Downton immediately | 然后你马上离开唐顿 |
and we will never set eyes on you again. | 我们不想再看到你 |
I'll have to see about that. | 我拿到钱再说 |
If you return to this area, | 如果你敢回来 |
I will personally ensure your conviction for theft and blackmail. | 我将亲自确保你以盗窃和敲诈被定罪 |
Just a minute... | 等等 |
You will serve from five to ten years in His Majesty's custody. | 你就会被监禁5到10年 |
You think you're such a big man, don't you? | 你以为你是个大人物是吗 |
Just because you're a lord, | 就因为你是个老爷 |
you think you can do what you like with me. | 你以为你就能对我为所欲为 |
I think it... because it is true. | 我之所以这么认为是因为这就是事实 |
You'll not always be in charge, you know. | 你要知道你不会一直高人一等的 |
The day is coming when your lot | 总有一天你们会和 |
will have to toe the line just like the rest of us. | 我们一样唯命是从的 |
Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
But happily for Carson, that day has not come yet. | 但卡森还算幸运这一天还没到 |
I take it my resignation has not been accepted? | 我想我的辞呈您不接受是吗 |
My dear fellow, we all have | 我的朋友 |
chapters we would rather keep unpublished. | 我们都有不愿公开的过往 |
To be honest, Carson, | 说实话卡森 |
I'm rather impressed. | 知道这事我对你刮目相看 |
Did you really sing and | 你真的在一群观众面前 |
dance and everything in front of an audience? | 边唱边跳吗 |
I did. | 是的 |
Do you ever miss it? | 不怀念吗 |
Not in the least, my lord. | 一点也不老爷 |
Poor Mr Carson. We'll have to | 可怜的卡森先生 |
treat him like a god for a month to calm his nerves. | 我们这一个月要好好待他让他平静下来 |
He'll be afraid this'll change the way we think of him. | 他担心我们会另眼相看 |
- Then we mustn't let it. - Oh, but it will. | -我们一定不能这样-这不可能 |
"The Cheerful Charlies"? | 快乐的查理兄弟 |
For all his talk of dignity, we know his story now. | 他总是谈论尊严现在我们知道了他的故事 |
And admire him more because of it. | 我也因此更钦佩他了 |
Maybe. But it will change the way we think of him. | 也许吧但我们对他的看法还是会变 |
It always does. | 一定会变的 |
I don't see why. | 我不明白为什么 |
I shouldn't care what I found out about you. | 我不在乎你有什么样的过往 |
Whatever it was, it wouldn't alter my opinion one bit. | 但无论什么事都不会改变我的看法 |
But it would. It certainly would. | 一定会变这是必然 |
We're running out of options. | 我们要没主意了 |
The lawyers I write to only huff and puff. | 与我通信的律师只会打哈哈 |
They echo Murray and say nothing can be done. | 他们和莫里一样说无能为力 |
Or they don't want the bother of opposing him. | 或许是他们不想跟他作对惹来麻烦 |
Precisely. | 就是这么回事 |
I wish Mary wasn't so confident it could all be put right. | 玛丽最好还是不要抱有太大期望 |
Meanwhile, we have to watch that dreadful woman | 与此同时我们不得不看着那讨厌的女人 |
parade around the village as if she owned it. | 在村子里昂首阔步就好像村子是她的一样 |
I think she means well. | 我觉得她那是出于好意 |
Meaning well is not enough. | 出于好意可不够 |
Poor Dr Clarkson. | 可怜的克拉克森医生 |
What has he done to deserve that termagant? | 他做了什么啊摊上这么个泼妇 |
I think he's in for an uncomfortable afternoon. | 我想他今天下午不会安稳的 |
Is he? Why? | 是吗怎么了 |
On my way here, I saw her go into the hospital. | 我来的时候看到她去了医院 |
She looked extremely determined. | 她看起来意志坚决 |
Not as determined as I am. | 没有我那么意志坚决 |
I have the adrenaline here in my hand. | 我手里拿的是肾上腺素 |
Will you really deny the man his chance of life? | 你真的打算否决他的一线生机吗 |
I just wish it was a treatment I was more familiar with. | 我只是希望这是一种我比较熟悉的疗法 |
Will that serve as your excuse when he dies? | 他死的时候难道这就是你的借口吗 |
Nurse. Can you prepare Mr Drake for his procedure, please? | 护士麻烦去准备一下德雷克先生的手术 |
Well, Mrs Crawley, | 卡劳利夫人 |
I have a feeling we will sink or swim together. | 恐怕我们要共同度过这个难关 |
Mr Drake, your heart is not functioning properly, | 德雷克先生您的心脏功能失调 |
and, as a result, your pericardial sac is full of fluid. | 由此引起了心包内积水 |
I am proposing first to withdraw | 我打算先将积水排出 |
the fluid and then to inject the adrenaline | 然后注射肾上腺素 |
to stimulate the heart and restore normal activity. | 以此刺激心脏使其恢复正常状态 |
Is it dangerous, Doctor? | 这有危险吗医生 |
The draining may stop the heart, | 排水可能会引起心脏骤停 |
and the adrenaline may not be able to restart it. | 肾上腺素也可能无法让心脏再次跳动 |
Mrs Drake, the choice is simple. | 德雷克夫人选择很简单 |
If your husband endures this procedure,he may live. | 如果您丈夫熬了过来便能活下来 |
If not, he will die. | 否则他就会死 |
- He's with a patient. - Please, please, no, let me pass! | -他在为患者治病-请让开让我过去 |
I must see the doctor at once! | 我现在就要见医生 |
Your ladyship. | 夫人 |
It's just as I thought. | 和我想的一样 |
Dr Clarkson, | 克拉克森医生 |
tell me you will not permit this | 您该不会让一个外行 |
amateur to influence your professional opinion. | 影响您专业的判断吧 |
- Amateur? - My dear woman, | -外行-这位女士 |
do not let them bully you. | 千万不要被他们胁迫 |
They'll not disturb the peace of your husband's last hours. | 他们不能在你丈夫弥留之际打扰他 |
Not if I can help it. | 我在就不能让他们这样 |
But that's just it, my lady. | 但夫人事情是这样 |
I don't want them to be his last hours. | 我不想让这成为他的弥留之际 |
Not if there's a chance. | 如果还有机会 |
Please, Doctor. Do what you must. | 拜托医生请您尽力 |
As... | 作为 |
Steady. | 稳住 |
Yeah, all right. | 好就这样 |
Nice and steady. | 好好地把稳 |
As president of this hospital, | 作为这所医院的董事长 |
- I feel I must... - Valve. | -我必须要-打开阀门 |
...tell you that I shall bring this to the attention of the Board. | 通知你我要让董事会知晓这件事 |
You're doing very well. | 你做的很好 |
Have you no pity? | 你没有怜悯之心吗 |
Adrenaline. | 肾上腺素 |
Quickly, quickly. His heart's stopped. | 快快他的心跳停止了 |
Ready? | 好了吗 |
Yes. | 好的 |
Oh, my God! | 上帝 |
Oh, my dear. | 亲爱的 |
You don't have to worry. | 你不必担忧 |
She may be president, but I'm the patron, | 就算她是董事长可我是出资人 |
so you're quite safe with me. Please. | 所以有事跟我说没事的请 |
My mother was right, then? The man's life was saved? | 那么我母亲是对的那个人被救活了 |
Well, I like to think that we were both right. | 我认为我们两人都对了 |
But I'm not sure Lady Grantham will be so easily convinced. | 但我想格兰瑟姆夫人不会被轻易说服 |
Then we must strengthen the argument. | 那么我们需要更强有力的理由说服她 |
Cousin Isobel wants something to do. Very well. | 伊泽贝尔表亲想做点事这好办 |
Let's make her Chairman of the Board. | 让她做董事会主席 |
She'd like that, wouldn't she? | 她会愿意吧 |
Certainly, she would. | 她当然愿意 |
Then my mother will have to listen to her. | 这样我母亲就必须听取她的意见 |
She's been an absolute ruler there for long enough. | 她已经独裁许久了 |
It's time for some loyal opposition. | 是时候听取些不同意见了 |
If you're quite certain, my lord. | 既然您意已决我就不多说什么了老爷 |
What were you going to say? | 你想说什么 |
At the risk of being impertinent, on your own head be it. | 恕在下冒犯不过这一切都是您的决定和我无关 |
About your scheme for restoring the estate cottages. | 关于您重修小屋的计划 |
You don't mind my interfering? | 您不介意我插手吧 |
My dear fellow, I brought you here to interfere. | 小伙子我安排你来就是让你插手的 |
In fact, why don't you stay for dinner and we'll talk about it? | 不如留下用晚餐吧我们边吃边聊 |
We'll send down to Molesley for your clothes. | 我派人差莫斯利把你的衣服取来 |
I'd better not. My mother's expecting me. | 我还是告辞吧母亲在等我回去 |
But in fact, I've been meaning to speak to you about Molesley. | 事实上我正想跟您谈谈莫斯利 |
Oh? | 什么事 |
Would you find me very | 如果我辞掉他 |
ungrateful if I dispensed with his services? | 您不会认为我不领情吧 |
Why? Has he displeased you in some way? | 为什么他哪方面做得不好吗 |
Not at all. It's simply | 不是这样的只是 |
that he's superfluous to our style of living. | 我们的生活方式让他显得有些多余 |
Is that quite fair? | 这样公平吗 |
To deprive a man of his livelihood, | 无缘无故地 |
when he's done nothing wrong? | 就剥夺一个人的营生 |
Well, I wouldn't quite put it... | 我倒没这么想... |
Your mother derives satisfaction | 你母亲在医院工作 |
from her work at the hospital, I think? | 得到了满足感不是吗 |
- Some sense of selfworth? - Certainly. | -所谓实现自我价值的成就感对吗-当然 |
Would you really deny the same to poor old Molesley? | 你真忍心剥夺可怜的莫斯利的这个权利吗 |
And when you are master here, is the butler to be dismissed? | 等你成了这里的主人是不是还要辞退管家 |
Or the footmen? | 或是辞退男仆 |
How many maids or kitchen staff will be allowed to stay? | 多少女仆和厨房的佣人能保住工作 |
Or must everyone be driven out? | 还是所有人都得卷铺盖回家 |
We all have different parts to play, Matthew. | 大家都有不同的角色马修 |
And we must all be allowed to play them. | 大家都有权扮演不同的角色 |
Why must we all go to the hospital? | 为什么我们都要去医院 |
I'm afraid Papa wants to teach Granny a lesson. | 恐怕爸爸想给奶奶个下马威 |
Poor Granny. A month ago, these people were strangers. | 可怜的奶奶一个月前那些人还只是陌生人 |
Now she must share power | 现在她居然不得不跟那个母亲分权 |
with the mother and I must marry the son. | 我还得下嫁那个儿子 |
You won't marry him, though, will you? | 你不会真嫁给他吧 |
What? Marry a sea monster? | 说什么呢嫁给一个海怪吗 |
We shouldn't laugh. That was so unkind. | 我们不该说笑人家这样不太好 |
But he must marry someone. | 可他总要结婚的 |
Edith, what are you thinking? | 伊迪丝你想什么呢 |
You know, I don't dislike him as much as you do. | 我不像你那么讨厌他 |
Perhaps you don't dislike him at all. | 也许你根本就不讨厌他 |
Perhaps I don't. | 也许你说对了 |
Well, it's nothing to me. I've bigger fish to fry. | 反正我无所谓我还有条大鱼呢 |
- What fish? - Are we talking about "EN"? | -什么鱼-你是在说EN吗 |
How do you know that? | 这你怎么知道的 |
Have you been poking around in my things? | 你是不是乱动我的东西了 |
- Ofcourse not. - Come on. Who is he? | -当然没有了-拜托你们说谁呢 |
It's not fair if you both know. | 这不公平你们俩都知道 |
You won't be any the wiser, but his name is Evelyn Napier. | 知道了你也不会变得更聪明他叫艾弗林·奈皮尔 |
The Honourable Evelyn Napier. | 尊贵的艾弗林·奈皮尔 |
Son and heir to Viscount Branksome. | 布兰克桑姆子爵的儿子和继承人 |
Who wants an old sea monster | 有了珀尔修斯 |
when they can have Perseus? | 谁还会嫁给一个老海怪呢 |
If you're going to the ceremony, | 您如果也要去参加仪式 |
I thought we might walk together. | 我们可以一起走 |
Certainly, I'm going. | 当然我要去 |
I want to see the old bat's face when they announce it. | 他们宣布的时候我想看看那老太婆的表情 |
I must try not to look too cheerful. | 我可不能看起来太"高兴"了 |
Or shouldn't I talk like that in your presence? | 是不是我不该当着你说这个 |
Do you find me very ridiculous, Mrs Hughes? | 你是不是觉得我很荒谬休斯太太 |
Putting on airs and graces I've no right to? | 明明没有资本却总是一副拿腔拿调的样子 |
What's brought this on? | 您怎么会说起这个 |
Nothing. | 没事 |
Except at times I wonder if I'm just a sad old fool. | 就是有时我觉得自己像一个可怜的老傻瓜 |
Mr Carson, | 卡森先生 |
you are a man of integrity and honour, | 您是一个正直高尚的人 |
who raises the tone of this household by being part of it. | 这个家都因为您而增色不少 |
So no more of that, please. | 请不要再说那种话了 |
I wondered if you'd like to walk with me down to... | 你愿意跟我一起去... |
Is Thomas going? | 托马斯去吗 |
Well, I think everyone is. | 我想大家都得去 |
Sorry, what were you saying? | 抱歉刚才你说什么 |
Nothing. Doesn't matter. | 没什么无所谓了 |
Put this away before you go, and never mind your flirting. | 打情骂俏没关系先把这个收起来 |
I wasn't flirting. Not with him. | 没打情骂俏更不是跟他 |
William's not a bad lad. | 威廉不是坏小子 |
He's nice enough. But he isn't like Thomas. | 他是挺好的不过他和托马斯不一样 |
No. He's not. | 是啊是不一样 |
Cuff links, sir? | 要袖扣吗先生 |
Those are a dull option for such an occasion. | 这种场合戴这对太沉闷了吧 |
Don't you agree? | 你不觉得吗 |
Might I suggest the crested pair, sir? | 那么请允许我推荐这对带装饰的先生 |
They seem more appropriate, if you don't mind my saying. | 恕在下多嘴这对好像更合适些 |
They're a bit fiddly. I wonder if you could help me. | 这对不好戴你能帮我戴吗 |
Certainly, sir. | 愿意效劳先生 |
I see you got that mark out of the sleeve. | 我发现你把袖子上的污渍弄掉了 |
How did you do it? | 你怎么弄的 |
Oh, I tried it with this | 我试试这个 |
and tried it with that, until it yielded. | 试试那个最后终于洗掉了 |
Very well done. | 非常好 |
Thank you, sir. | 多谢夸奖先生 |
You go in, Mrs Hughes. I want a quick word with Mr Bates here. | 休斯太太您先进去我跟贝茨先生说句话 |
Mr Bates. | 贝茨先生 |
Um, I must thank you. | 我非常感谢您 |
Both for what you did, and for keeping silent afterwards. | 为我所做的包括后来没有提及此事 |
It was kind of you... and Anna. | 您...和安娜都是好人 |
It was nothing, Mr Carson. | 这不值一提卡森先生 |
I hope you don't judge me too harshly. | 希望您不会对我有成见 |
I don't judge you at all. | 一点也没有 |
I have no right to judge you or any man. | 我没有资格去那么做 |
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this happy event. | 女士们先生们欢迎来参加这个喜庆的典礼 |
The investiture of our first Chairwoman, | 我们有幸任命第一个女主席 |
Mrs Reginald Crawley, who has graciously agreed | 雷金纳德·卡劳利夫人 |
to share the duties of our beloved president, | 愿与我们敬爱的董事长 |
the Dowager Countess of Grantham. | 格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人共同管理我们的医院 |
Our little hospital must surely | 两位夫人 |
grow and thrive with two such doughty champions | 以亲情和友情为纽带紧密团结 |
united as they are by the | 我们医院将在两位夫人的领导下 |
strongest ties of all, family and friendship. | 继续发展壮大 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“唐顿庄园”