神的尘埃Dust of gods
我们曾深爱的偶像,
原来不过是神的尘埃。
The figures we used to admired the most were merely dust of gods.
51.
Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that god' s dust is greater than your idol.
你的偶像消散在尘埃中,这足以证明神的尘埃比你的偶像还伟大。
52.
Man does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it.
人类不能在他的历史中表现自我,只能在这中间挣扎着向前。
53.
While the glass lamp rebukes the earthen for calling it cousin, the moon rises, and the glass lamp, with a bland smile, calls her, “My dear, dear sister.”
玻璃灯责备瓦灯叫他表兄。
但月亮出来时,玻璃灯却温柔一笑,叫月亮:“我亲爱的,亲爱的姐姐。”
54.
Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.
The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.
如海鸥与波涛相遇一般,我们邂逅了,靠近了。
海鸥飞散,波涛滚滚而逝,我们也分别了。
55.
My day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach, listening to the dance music of the tide in the evening.
我的白昼已经完了,我就像一只停泊在海滩上的小船,聆听着晚潮奏起的舞曲。
56.
Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.
生命是上天赋予的,我们唯有献出生命,才能真正得到它。
57.
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
我们最谦卑时,才最接近伟大。
58.
The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.
麻雀为孔雀担忧,因为它不得不负担着硕大的尾翎。
59.
Never be afraid of the moments—thus sings the voice of the everlasting.
决不要害怕“刹那”——永恒之声如此歌唱着。
60.
The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road, and suddenly ends its search in the Nowhere.
飓风在绝路中寻找捷径,又突然在“无影之国”终止了它的寻觅。
61.
Take my wine in my own cup, friend. It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.
快在我的杯中饮了我的酒吧,朋友。若是倒入别人的杯里,这酒激荡的泡沫便要消失了。
62.
The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the imperfect.
“完美”为了对“不完美”示爱,把自己装扮得美丽至极。
63.
God says to man, I heal you therefore I hurt, love you therefore punish.
神对人类说:“我治愈你,所以才伤害你;我爱你,所以才惩罚你。”
64.
Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
感谢火焰的光明,但是别忘了执灯人,他正坚忍地站在黑暗之中。
65.
Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under your tread.
小草啊,你的足迹虽小,但你拥有脚下的土地。
66.
The infant flower opens its bud and cries,“Dear world, please do not fade.”
小花绽放出蓓蕾,高喊着:“亲爱的世界啊,请不要凋零。”
67.
God grows weary of great kingdoms, but never of little flowers.
神对于庞大的王国逐渐心生厌恶,但从不厌恶那小小的花朵。
68.
Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.
谬误经不起失败,但真理却不怕失败。
69.
“I give my whole water in joy, ”sings the waterfall, “though little of it is enough for the thirsty.”
瀑布歌唱道:“尽管口渴者只需要少量的水,我却愉快地献出了全部的水。”
70.
Where is the fountain that throws up these flowers in a ceaseless outbreak of ecstasy?
把这些花朵抛掷上去的那种无尽的喜悦,其源泉在哪里?
71.
The woodcutter' s axe begged for its handle from the tree. The tree gave it.
樵夫的斧头向大树乞求斧柄。大树给了它。
72.
In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.
这孤独的黄昏,笼罩着雾和雨,我寂寞的心感觉到了它的叹息。
73.
Chastity is a wealth that comes from abundance of love.
贞节是一笔财富,在肥沃的爱情里滋长。
74.
The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and brings out surprises of beauty.
雾,如爱情,在山峰的心上嬉戏,绽放出种种美丽的惊喜。
75.
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
我们看错了世界,反而说它欺骗了我们。
76.
The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.
诗人的风,穿越海洋和森林,找寻它自己的歌声。
77.
Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
每一个孩子出生时都带来了讯息——神对人类并未灰心失望。
78.
The grass seeks her crowd in the earth. The tree seeks his solitude of the sky.
小草在地上寻觅伴侣。 树木在天空寻觅寂寞。
79.
Man barricades against himself.
人时常对自己筑起堤防。
80.
Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines.
我的朋友,你的声音飘荡在我的心里,宛如那海水的低吟,萦绕在聆听着的松林间。
81.
What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?
这以繁星为其火花的隐形火焰,究竟是什么?
82.
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
让我们生时犹如夏花一般辉煌绚烂,死时犹如秋叶一般宁和静美。
83
He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open.
那些想行善的,在外面敲着门;那些陷入爱中的人,却看见门敞开着。
84
In death the many becomes one; in life the one becomes many.Religion will be one when God is dead.
在死亡中,“众多”合而为“一”;在生命中,“一”化为“众多”。在神死亡之时,宗教将合而为一。
85.
The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master.
艺术家是自然的情人,所以他是自然的奴隶,也是其主人。
86.
“How far are you from me, O fruit? ”“I am hidden in your heart, O flower.”
“果实啊,你离我有多远?”
“花儿啊,我藏在你心里。”
87.
This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark, but not seen in the day.
这渴望是为了那个能在黑夜里感觉得到,而在白天却无法看见的主人。
88.
“You are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf, I am the smaller one on its upper side.”said the dewdrop to the lake.
露珠对湖水说道:“你是荷叶下的大露珠,我是荷叶上的小露珠。”
89.
The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.
刀鞘在保护刀的锋利时,自己也满足于它的驽钝。
90.
In darkness the One appears as uniform;in the light the One appears as manifold.
黑暗中,“一”是一体的,混沌难分,光明中,“一”便呈现出不同的面貌。
91.
The great earth makes herself hospitable with the help of the grass.
大地有了绿草的帮助,而显得殷勤好客。
92.
The birth and death of the leaves are the rapid whirls of the eddy whose wider circles move slowly among stars.
绿叶的生死,是旋风急速的飞转,而更广阔的旋转,是繁星之间的缓缓转动。
93.
Power said to the world, “You are mine.” The world kept it prisoner on her throne.
Love said to the world, “I am thine.”The world gave it the freedom of her house.
权力对世界说:“你是我的。” 世界便把权力囚禁在自己的宝座下。爱情对世界说:“我是你的。”世界便让爱情在自己的屋子里自由出入。
94.
The mist is like the earth' s desire. It hides the sun for whom she cries.
浓雾好似大地的希冀。它藏起了自己哭求的太阳。
95.
Be still, my heart, these great trees are prayers.
安静些吧,我的心,这些参天大树都是祈祷者啊!
96.
The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the Eternal.
刹那的喧嚣,嘲弄着永恒的音乐。
97.
I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love and death and are forgotten, and I feel the freedom of passing away.
我想起了那些漂流在生、爱和死的溪流上的其他时代,它们已被遗忘,我感到了离开尘世的自由。
98.
The sadness of my soul is her bride' s veil. It waits to be lifted in the night.
我灵魂的忧伤是新娘的面纱,等候着在午夜被掀开。
99.
Death' s stamp gives value to the coin of life; making it possible to buy with life what is truly precious.
死之烙印将价值赋予生之硬币,使其可以用生命来购买那些真正宝贵的东西。
100.
The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.The morning crowned it with splendour.
白云谦逊地站在天之一隅。晨光冠之以辉煌。
泰戈尔的诗是惊鸿一瞥而拥抱的芬芳,静立于世间的尘埃中,一身温暖,染我满目光华。
学术观点|侯静、李正栓:泰戈尔《飞鸟集》汉译策略与艺术研究——以郑振铎和冯唐译本为例https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/-8AHS1j0I0d9XiJWo7W_-g