It's a cosy afternoon. Albert and Alice are chatting at a coffee shop.
这是一个温暖的下午。艾尔伯特和艾丽斯在一家咖啡店聊天。
Alice & Albert
Alice: Albert校友及好朋友,在一家英语培训机构任职
Albert: 男主,跨国公司程序员
Albert: Have you ever noticed that you,Jeremy,Anna and I never have had a trip together?
艾尔伯特: 你有没有注意到你、杰里米、安娜和我从来没有一起旅行过?
Alice: Right,you reminded me of that.
艾丽斯: 是的,你提醒了我。
Albert: I asked Jeremy and Anna if they'd like to go on an excursion with us,and they said yes. What do you say?
艾尔伯特: 我问杰里米和安娜是否愿意和我们一起去远足,他们说愿意。你说呢?
Alice: That's wonderful! It'll be fun! But where should we go?
艾丽斯: 那太好了! 它会很有趣! 但是我们应该去哪里呢?
Albert: Let me see. It's early summer. I suggest we go to a place neither freezing nor scorching.
艾尔伯特: 让我看看。这是初夏。我建议我们去一个既不冷也不热的地方。
Alice: Then we can rule out Sanya. It's too hot in summer.
艾丽斯: 那我们就不去三亚了。夏天太热了。
Albert: Sure. How about the coastal city Dalian? The climate in early summer is pleasant. Besides,it's famous for its delicious seafood.
艾尔伯特: 当然。海滨城市大连怎么样?初夏的气候宜人。此外,它以美味的海鲜而闻名。
Alice: Sounds good. Are there any other recommendations?
艾丽斯: 听起来不错。还有其他的建议吗?
Albert: Um...we can also visit Shangri-La in Yunnan province.
艾尔伯特: 嗯…我们还可以去云南的香格里拉。
Alice: Yeah. I'm dying to experience the intriguing world of Shangri-La. What a beautiful name!
艾丽斯: 是的。我渴望体验迷人的香格里拉世界。多美的名字啊!
Albert:Haha! Me too! Do you have any alternative suggestions?
艾尔伯特: 哈哈! 我也是! 你有其他的建议吗?
Alice: Well,I do have one place I'm longing to visit-Jiuzhaigou National Park. It has blue lakes and rushing waterfalls.
艾丽斯: 嗯,我有一个地方很想去——九寨沟国家公园。它有蓝色的湖泊和奔流的瀑布。
Albert: Sounds great! Let's list these places and have them discussed with Jeremy and Anna.
艾尔伯特: 听起来不错! 让我们列出这些地方,并与杰里米和安娜讨论。
Alice: Good idea. Let's get started!
艾丽斯: 好主意。让我们开始吧!
本课生词总结
cosy:adj. 舒适的;惬意的
excursion:n. 偏移;远足;短程旅行;离题;游览,游览团
freezing:adj. 冰点以下的,结冰的;极冷的;(雾、雨)冻的
scorching:adj. 灼热的;激烈的;讽刺的;过早硫化的
rule out:排除;取消;划去;反对;阻止
coastal:adj. 沿海的;海岸的
rushing:adj. 急速流动的,飞奔的
waterfall:n. 瀑布;瀑布似的东西
dying to do:渴望做
intriguing:adj. 有趣的;迷人的
alternative:adj. 供选择的;选择性的;交替的